Post Your Photography Here #2
Nov 16, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #7,156 of 15,749

Quote:
The two girls in costume on yours is interesting in the composition

Yes, but the color in yours is more interesting then greyscale.

Nov 17, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #7,158 of 15,749
Quote:
Quote:
The two girls in costume on yours is interesting in the composition

Yes, but the color in yours is more interesting then greyscale.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #7,162 of 15,749
Now I want a neutral density filter. Nice shots. Any particular reason you used a telephoto and focused on the smaller scene rather than a wider frame?

Nov 17, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #7,163 of 15,749

Quote:
Quote:
Playing around with a Hoya ND8 filter (3-stop neutral density filter) with a Hoya CP filter. Canon 7D, 70-200/4 L, manual WB.

These have a painting-like effect, good exposure time handling.

Quote:
I love your water cascade photos, beerguy0 - smooth as silk.

Thanks to you both for the comments. The exposures ranged from 5 seconds to 13 seconds.

Quote:
Now I want a neutral density filter. Nice shots. Any particular reason you used a telephoto and focused on the smaller scene rather than a wider frame?

The fall color was pretty much gone, so from a scenic standpoint it wasn't that great. But, I also happen to like doing isolation shots when I do stream work. (I love wide angle, but I try to vary my approach from time to time.) I'll probably go back this weekend and do some more - after looking at what I shot, there are plenty more shots I missed. I'm going to Ohio for Thanksgiving, and I'm planning a trip to Cuyahoga Valley National Park to do some waterfall shots. This place is only a few minutes from my house, so it makes a convenient place to practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back