Post Your Photography Here #2
Feb 10, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #6,076 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious. Does your print come out black and white and you add the brown'ish-red color, or is that naturally how it's made?

I scan my negatives with a Canoscan 8800F. During scanning the software gives the option of scanning b&w negatives as grayscale or color. When you scan as color you get this toning. I prefer the toning I get through scanning like that because it is in fact not one uniform tone like you get when you add toning in photoshop. There are small differences in tone color between the lighter and darker areas of the photo which I think look more natural and add some subtle depth and dynamism.

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #6,077 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I scan my negatives with a Canoscan 8800F. During scanning the software gives the option of scanning b&w negatives as grayscale or color. When you scan as color you get this toning. I prefer the toning I get through scanning like that because it is in fact not one uniform tone like you get when you add toning in photoshop. There are small differences in tone color between the lighter and darker areas of the photo which I think look more natural and add some subtle depth and dynamism.

Ah, I see. That makes sense now.
Yes, it is an interesting effect. It gives it a very natural looking vintage effect (natural aging).

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #6,078 of 15,743
785110037_rBQP5-XL.jpg

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #6,080 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't shoot English recipe baked beans with a Zeiss lens! Are you trying to start a war or something?

Being originally a German lens, I think it is entitled to shoot anything it pleases. Arghhh! Have to run before I get flamed for politically incorrect remark!

Feb 11, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #6,082 of 15,743
That looks very surreal with the yellow combine-the-dots content. Certainly something one would find in a shop/gallery window.

Is the Sigma really that much of a love it or hate it camera?

PS, I think with lens distortion corrected it gets even more surreal and stylized, if I dare to be so bold.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #6,083 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks very surreal with the yellow combine-the-dots content. Certainly something one would find in a shop/gallery window.

Is the Sigma really that much of a love it or hate it camera?

PS, I think with lens distortion corrected it gets even more surreal and stylized, if I dare to be so bold.
wink.gif

More perspective control than distortion correction. Guess I didn't take my time positioning myself enough.
It looked better though, so thanks
wink.gif

The DP2 is a bit of an oddball in its 'spartanity', I think that is it's biggest disadvantage. But among us who enjoy using it it's among the things that make it so great. The result of this is the 'love it or hate it' position, or more correctly maybe 'love it or What?'

Feb 11, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #6,084 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being originally a German lens, I think it is entitled to shoot anything it pleases. Arghhh! Have to run before I get flamed for politically incorrect remark!

Trust me nobody is expecting political correctness from someone who refers to himself as mo cok
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #6,085 of 15,743
Ilford Delta 400@1600, developed in Amaloco AM74 (Rollei RHS), Rolleicord Vb:

8898929_a2bce367ee_o.jpg

8898075_4d6758fade_o.jpg

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #6,087 of 15,743
DJ..... boring

Feb 13, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #6,089 of 15,743
Now I titled this one Pizza with Borders. Probably my best picture I've taken so far for this year. I framed the shot in a way so that I could cover all the three pizzas. Then I put the borders to enhance the picture to make it look even better.

pizzatv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back