Post Your Photography Here #2
Dec 12, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #5,881 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTRacer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's literally point and shoot. People are often too busy with their own lives. As long as you're not all creepy and secretive about it, people won't mind if you walk around with an SLR taking photos.

Yup, the more you hide it, the more you bring yourself to attention.

Just hold the camera, look for a shot without pulling your camera up, see a shot, put camera to eye, compose, focus, shoot.

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #5,884 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call me ignorant but I never really understood the purpose of capturing completely random strangers in random locations. Its like photojournalism (minus the journalistic purpose)

Some would call it artistic masturbation, but others like to look at those types of pictures, so there is a market for it, albeit a small one.

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #5,885 of 15,770
Testing out the 135L

I like this pic mostly because of the bokeh lights in the back !

image7331.jpg

image7339.jpg

image7344.jpg

and went to some market stalls

image7341.jpg

image7348.jpg

image7349.jpg

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #5,886 of 15,770
Title :Colourful Ganzania

4180157164_e672c62498.jpg

with different processing
smily_headphones1.gif

4179374943_86da11a2ba.jpg

This is from Uttranchal Archives

post processing :
-Curve corrected ,then played with contrast Saturation (only a bit )
-------------------------------------------------------------

@raymond :awesome picture
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTRacer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's literally point and shoot. People are often too busy with their own lives. As long as you're not all creepy and secretive about it, people won't mind if you walk around with an SLR taking photos.

I have policy ....you shoot me ,I shoot you
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #5,887 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call me ignorant but I never really understood the purpose of capturing completely random strangers in random locations. Its like photojournalism (minus the journalistic purpose)

I think it's a form of voyeurism. Everybody have a secret urge to delve i other peoples secrets. Who are they, what do they do, what do they think. When you look at pictures like these you stare and ponder without being taken for a strange pervert.
I find it fascinating to try to interpret the facial and bodily expressions, the best photos can be very deep.
I can sit for hours looking at the pictures by Robert Frank thinking these things.

Edit: GTR, those two you posted were spectacular!

Although I love that kind of photos, I don't feel like I'm very good at it myself

SDIM1237-3.jpg

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #5,891 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's a form of voyeurism. Everybody have a secret urge to delve i other peoples secrets. Who are they, what do they do, what do they think. When you look at pictures like these you stare and ponder without being taken for a strange pervert.
I find it fascinating to try to interpret the facial and bodily expressions, the best photos can be very deep.
I can sit for hours looking at the pictures by Robert Frank thinking these things.

Edit: GTR, those two you posted were spectacular!

Although I love that kind of photos, I don't feel like I'm very good at it myself

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr200/limpidglitch/SDIM1237-3.jpg[IMG][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

This is a great shot.

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #5,892 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/450/image7361.jpg[img]

[img]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6869/image7366.jpg[img]

[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4858/image7516.jpg[img]

[img]http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2276/image7535.jpg[img][/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

What kind of processing do you do (basically) on these types of portraits?

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #5,893 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by Listen2this1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of a tripod should I look for in the $125 or less range. I would be just for my camera.

It depends on how much your camera weighs and how you plan on using it.

I'd go to a photo store and try out a few. You may prefer one type of release mechanism over another on the legs. I personally prefer levers over twist.

Inexpensive tripods tend to be crappy at full extension, although still better than hand holding.

I also prefer ball heads over pan and tilt heads.

I've only bought one tripod in the last 5 years and that's a super cheap lightweight Bogen for travel when I need to keep weight down. I rarely get it above 3 feet unless I lean it against a railing or fence.

I guess I'd suggest getting the heaviest one you can afford and stand to carry. A reasonably priced tripod can last a very long time. The main one I use, I've had for over 25 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back