Post Your Photography Here #2
Mar 23, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #4,411 of 15,770
Thanks for the comments milkpowder, that spider was tricky since he was really well camouflaged.. every time I would take my eyes off it when my girlfriend was talking to me I was like "huh? where did it go??" but it hadn't moved.
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #4,414 of 15,770
Fantastic shots mr_baseball! The pelicans are awesome.

Very nice set M0T0, I like the first one a lot but it could use a tiny bit more contrast IMHO

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #4,416 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your pictures are always sharp, and have an oriental feel to them.This one is no exception.The minimalistic granite fountain + floating flower with a wooden background makes me think Japanese.

You hit the nail on the head!
This was right outside a japanese pavilion at a school I visited. I'm not use to seeing them in person, so this was a great moment for me.

Thank you for the nice comments Milkpowder!

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #4,417 of 15,770
A very mixed bag from the weekend (click to view in larger size):

William Morris stained glass

Cute cat I just happened to come across

and to finish... a random plane at the airport
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #4,418 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A very mixed bag from the weekend (click to view in larger size):

William Morris stained glass

[/B]

Very cool shot. I liked that one the best of the series. Best viewed at high resolution in case anyone else wants to click through to that one.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #4,419 of 15,770
I'm really liking the second and third milkpowder, the second has a great vintage look to it and it's really cool with the bridge in the distance, the DoF in the third is very nice. I would have went with the first one but the bit in the way on the left side is a little distracting, otherwise an awesome shot!

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #4,420 of 15,770
That is such a cute cat Milkpowder!!!
Great colors.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #4,422 of 15,770
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very cool shot. I liked that one the best of the series. Best viewed at high resolution in case anyone else wants to click through to that one.

biggrin.gif
Thanks. I'm not sure why the focus is a little out on the right hand side though...
confused_face(1).gif

BTW, your first HDR is very nice. I'm quite fond of angry clouds
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really liking the second and third milkpowder, the second has a great vintage look to it and it's really cool with the bridge in the distance, the DoF in the third is very nice. I would have went with the first one but the bit in the way on the left side is a little distracting, otherwise an awesome shot!

I cheated with the second one. That is actually HDR-processed
redface.gif
(finally broke down and purchased Photomatix). The shadow on the left hand side is from a random statue, which unfortunately got in the way of the stained glass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is such a cute cat Milkpowder!!!
Great colors.

Thanks
regular_smile .gif
It's a relatively rare breed in the UK - fifth generation marbled Bengal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradJudy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Milk - I dig the train station one too. Did you desaturate and shift a touch towards yellow in post-proc, or is this the natural color?

I took a few shots in 12-bit NEF, output to Photomatix in 16-bit TIFF, compiled them and then sent it to Lightroom. I did mess around with curves and saturations. The colour is artificial.
biggrin.gif
Hope that helps.

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #4,424 of 15,770
A few pictures from a trip to China a couple of years ago:

Farmer harvesting rape between Yichang and Wuhan.

497561783_buAH2-L.jpg

Boat tied up along the Yangtze:

497561743_2e9qx-L.jpg

This is one of my favorites, despite being blurry. I scrambled to get my camera out as the man walked by and barely got a shot.

497561759_qgMtZ-L.jpg

Temple complex at Fengdu:

497561724_MsvQ5-L.jpg

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #4,425 of 15,770
Ah, that train station shot is great! The PP you did really makes the shot, I especially like how the bridge far away looks desaturated to the point where it appears to be from an old, faded B&W picture, but as you follow the railway to the the station, everything becomes sharper and more saturated in colour. It's like metaphor of time.

Really, this is quite a special photo. Bravo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back