Post Your Photography Here #2
Aug 18, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #2,611 of 15,758

Product shots for the for sale forum.

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #2,612 of 15,758
Aug 18, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #2,613 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashnolan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice. Did you use a light box? If so which one? Is it something that can be cheaply had off of eBay?

I went to the local Michaels art store and picked up 2 large white cardboard sheets. Those were about 3$ total.
I curved the back one up a bit.

Then I used a florescent light, which had a plastic diffuser on the front (actually it was a light box for SAD). I had that around the house thankfully.

Then I just plopped my camera on a tripod and used a macro lens.
That was all I used.

Thank you very much flashnolan!

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #2,614 of 15,758
To be specific, it was this light box:
Up-Lift DL930 Day*Light

I'm sure cheaper ones can be used with makeshift plastic diffusers.

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #2,615 of 15,758
2773547122_e33ac3082a_b.jpg

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #2,616 of 15,758
UMass Sunset

Soft Grass

Tobin Columns

Cat in the Window

Aug 18, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #2,619 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@mr_baseball_08
For that dog shot I think it would bebetter if the dog had lighter tones as it currently blends in too much to stand out
smily_headphones1.gif
Love that cat portrait though hehe

After looking over the picture again, I realized you're absolutely right. I did some editing and got something I like better. I'll upload it tomorrow. Thanks for the eye opening response.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #2,620 of 15,758
I'm going away to France today for 2 weeks, so hopefully i will come back with a few nice shots, so long as my knee doesnt play up again, dislocated it again standing up from the floor yesterday, wasnt subconsiously concerntrating on being careful as i normally am, fortunatley it was only out for a few seconds so not bad this time, just a little sore and brusied, started doing my old physio routine already; again, third time!

Should be feeling better in a few days, and good and strong again by the end of the 2 week holiday so i can get home and start riding again for a few days (finally on a new bike, that is big enough for me!) and tightening up those ligaments more before school again. Hopefully it will be fully better by then, or more cripple jokes!! Just have to go easy in PE, again!

Damn knee!

Matt

Aug 18, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #2,621 of 15,758

The clouds last night had some wild colors to them. Having a colorful sunset is one thing, but when the clouds take part, wow!

Aug 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM Post #2,622 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going away to France today for 2 weeks, so hopefully i will come back with a few nice shots, so long as my knee doesnt play up again, dislocated it again standing up from the floor yesterday, wasnt subconsiously concerntrating on being careful as i normally am, fortunatley it was only out for a few seconds so not bad this time, just a little sore and brusied, started doing my old physio routine allready, again! Should be better in a few days, and strong again by the end of the holiday...Must keep up the physio, and elevated...Swelling = baddd!

Matt

Ah, you poor thing!
I have the same thing. It's a pain to always have to worry about keeping it in the right position when bending over, or standing up from the ground! I feel your pain. Hope it doesn't act up for you.

Aug 18, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #2,623 of 15,758
mr_baseball_08

The dog is very nice!

Towert7

I like "Soft Grass" a lot.

948034_151410_16e669394a_p.jpg

950016_151410_16e669394a_p.jpg

Aug 18, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #2,624 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Towert7

I like "Soft Grass" a lot.

Thank you very much Agnostic!

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #2,625 of 15,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, you poor thing!
I have the same thing. It's a pain to always have to worry about keeping it in the right position when bending over, or standing up from the ground! I feel your pain. Hope it doesn't act up for you.

Yeah, i have done it 3 times now. How many times have you done it? First time mine was out for 3hrs in A&E, hurt so bad, did so much damadge. The i did it sitting down the second time, it popped back in and i went for an xray, really worked hard on physio and it was ok until now.

Thought it wasnt gonna happen again, always, now, subconsiously thinking about how i stand and sit, but i had just come off of my bike, and i just wanted to get up, like you do just like when you fall over in public, and i just didnt think about it, just got up, from a funny position, and popped it out, and while standing on one leg, popped it back in, picked up my bike and walked off.

Tempted fate really, the mate i was with has done it 5 times, and we were talking about it at his an hour before
eek.gif

Bit achey and sore on the inside internally, guess its bruising. Normally go to A and E, but this one wasnt bad, and it didnt swell up as much, didnt hurt as bad etc.

Good job i just bought a new bike, my old frame was 8" too small, and the back brake stuck on, no play on either lever, so i applied my front brake, not able to aply it lightly, and slid off on the loose gravel on knackered tyres...

Internal bruising on the inside of my knee should be feeling better in a few days, and strong again by the end of the holiday so long as i keep up the physio exercises i use every time i do it.

Then i can come back, build my new bike and start riding (comfortably & safely finally) again, will help my knee strengthen up even more than it hopefully will be by then. Then i just have to go easy in PE for a while at school when we go back a few days later.

When i stop growing it will all stop stretching and will all tighten up i hope.

See y'all in 2 weeks
biggrin.gif

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back