Post Your Headphone EQ Settings
Oct 19, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #32 of 54
This is what my equalizer for my lcd-2's looks like - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #34 of 54

Oct 20, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #37 of 54

Quote:

Ah yes, that thread, too bad the free version of  Electri-Q in messed up and trying to find the peaks is so hard! I'm still looking for an free PEQ that works properly, but until then any large graphic EQ is great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Are the EQs on Cowons considered parametric? I thought they had to work with curves for that.

Cowon DAPs are "semi-parametic." You can choose from 3-4 presets for each band, 5 bands in total (cowon d2+); I'm not sure about the other players.

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #38 of 54
Everyone, try to please name what headphone you're using along with your EQ settings. I might try to edit my first post into a compliation of Headphone EQ settings.

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #40 of 54

Quote:
That would be very useful bisayaboi, but I'm pretty sure that if my musical tastes were different my Eq would be different too... but is a great starting point.

True; a general description of your EQ settings would be nice to so people who want to use your settings know what they're getting in to.

Oct 21, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #44 of 54
This is my EQ for the MEElectronics M6.

It brings the mids and out and tames the highs:

** Edit:

I changed the settings. Treble was too much try EQ'ing your M6 around this idea:

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #45 of 54
As for the Cowon EQ, I would call it a hybrid EQ, as you get 5 bands, with 4 frequency choices per band, plus narrow, normal, and wide bandwidth settings. Not to mention their awesome BBE+ enhancements. My Cowon S9 has made me a believer in EQ.
smile_phones.gif
Sounds great with IE8s - that's a match made in heaven.

But as to the EQ, I imagine choosing a frequency and wide bandwidth would make a gentle curve up/down towards the frequency you select, more like a graphic EQ type enhancement, like "more bass".

On the other hand, when you pick a frequency and choose narrow bandwidth, you can pretty precisely pinpoint "problem frequencies" in your headphones and balance them out. Really helpful, as everyone has different tastes in sound. I want to experiment with headroom graphs and see if I can balance out treble spikes, sounds like fun to me!
cool.gif

I think the S9 is the best investment in equipment I've ever made. I'll never need to buy an amp to color the sound to my preference, or be dissatisfied with headphones because of their frequency response. In fact, I want to keep my system basic - no amps, no cables, just S9 - Headphones. I'm about to buy the DT990 32 ohm for just this reason, in order to reach total immersion in trance music. Paconavarro's excellent review has been a big factor in this decision, so thank you my amigo. I'll post results or something when I save up enough money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back