Post your favourite joke here! Keep 'em clean !
Apr 20, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #391 of 563
Here are the 10 first place winners in the International Pun Contest:

1.A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at him and says, “I’m sorry Sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger.”

2.Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says, “Dam!”

3.Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Not surprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can’t have your kayak and heat it too.

4.Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, “I’ve lost my electron.” The other asks, “Are you sure?” The first replies, “Yes, I’m positive.”

5.Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root canal? His goal: transcend dental medication.

6.A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. “But why?” they asked, as they moved off. “Because”, he said, “I can’t stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer.”

7.A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named Ahmal. The other goes to a family in Spain; they named him Juan. Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, “They’re twins! If you’ve seen Juan, you’ve seen Ahmal.”

8.These friars were behind on their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of the God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thus in town to ‘persuade’ them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he’d be back if they didn’t close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that Hugh and only Hugh can prevent florist friars.

9.Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him… (Oh, man, this is so bad, it’s good)… A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

10.And finally, there was the person who sent ten different puns to his friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #392 of 563
A woman from Los Angeles, who was a tree hugger and an anti-hunter, purchased a piece of timberland in Oregon. There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract of land. She wanted a good view of the natural splendor of her land so she started to climb the big, old tree. As she neared the top she encountered a spotted owl that attacked her. In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground and got many splinters in her crotch.

In considerable pain, she hurried to the local doctor. She told him she was an environmentalist and an anti-hunter and how she came to get all the splinters. The doctor listened to her story with great patience and then told her to go into the examining room and he would see if he could help her. She sat and waited three hours before the doctor reappeared. The angry woman demanded, "What took you so long?"

He smiled and then told her, "Well, I had to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber from a recreational area. I'm sorry, but they turned me down."

Apr 22, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #394 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
9.Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him… (Oh, man, this is so bad, it’s good)… A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
smily_headphones1.gif

icon10.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #395 of 563
A woman stopped by unannounced at her son's house. She knocked on the door then immediately walked in. She was shocked to see her daughter-in-law lying on the couch, totally naked. Soft music was playing, and the aroma of perfume filled the room.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm waiting for Justin to come home from work." The daughter-in-law answered.

"But you're naked!" the mother-in-law exclaimed.

"This is my love dress," the daughter-in-law explained.

"Love dress? But you're naked!"

"Justin loves me to wear this dress," she explained. "Every time he sees me in this dress, he instantly becomes romantic and ravages me for hours.

The mother-in-law left. When she got home she undressed, showered, put on her best perfume, dimmed the lights, put on a romantic CD, and lay on the couch waiting for her husband to arrive.

Finally, her husband came home. He walked in and saw her lying there so provocatively.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"This is my love dress," she whispered, sensually.

"Needs ironing," he said, "What's for dinner?"

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #396 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a great maths joke. You'll need a little bit of calculus, but don't worry, I'll hide the answers in there (just highlight to see)

Q: Okay, what do you get when you intergrate 1/cabin with respect to cabin?

A: (Log Cabin)

Q: Nope, Noah's Ark!

A: (It's Log Cabin, plus C (sea))

I'm sorry. I'll just leave quietly.

i cant believe i laughed at those haha...the things school has done to me

Apr 29, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #397 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a great maths joke. You'll need a little bit of calculus, but don't worry, I'll hide the answers in there (just highlight to see)

Q: Okay, what do you get when you intergrate 1/cabin with respect to cabin?

A: (Log Cabin)

Q: Nope, Noah's Ark!

A: (It's Log Cabin, plus C (sea))

I'm sorry. I'll just leave quietly.

Wouldn't it have to be 1/(ln(10)*cabin) with respect to cabin?
tongue.gif

Anyway...

Q: How do you make a blonde laugh Friday?

A: Tell her a joke Thursday.

Apr 29, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #398 of 563
A man and his girlfriend are taking a sunday cruise down a country road in the man's jeep, when the drive starts to get boring. His girlfriend, trying to spice things up, starts removing some of her clothing in an attempt to turn the man an, at some risk of being seen by a passer-by.
The mans says, "Knock that off, Im going to lose focus of the road!". The woman persists, and eventually she ends up completely naked in the passenger seat. The man cant take it anymore, and HAS to look, eventually losing control and flipping his jeep into a ditch. The woman is thrown clear, but the man is pinned under the jeep, with only a foot exposed.
"Oh my God, what do I do?!" The woman screams. "There's no one around to help, and I've got no clothes!"
"Take my shoe and cover yourself, and go find a farmer or something!" Says the man.
So the woman takes the man's shoe, covers her crotch with it, and runs to find help. Finally she comes across a farmer, and says, "Mister, mister! You have to help me! There's been an accident, and my boyfriend is stuck!"
The farmer takes one look at the shoe and says, "Sorry lady, but if he's in there that far, it's in God's hands!"

May 7, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #399 of 563
The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. Ir's been around for awhile, but I still like it.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God! I'm coming!"

May 7, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #400 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. Ir's been around for awhile, but I still like it.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

lol...that's great!

May 8, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #401 of 563
Apple Computer announced today that it has developed a computer chip that can store and play high fidelity music in women's breast implants. The iTit will cost $499 or $599 depending on speaker size.

This is considered to be a major breakthrough because women have always complained about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

May 9, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #403 of 563
Dear Abby,

I recently read your column on "tough love" for grandparents of misbehaving children, whose own parents let them run wild. I have followed your advice, and attached a picture demonstrating my technique when my grandson just won't behave while I'm babysitting. His parents (my son and his wife) have told me not to spank him, so I just take him for a ride and talk to him. He usually calms down and stops misbehaving after our little car ride together.

Signed,

"The Tough Love Grandma"

ToughLove.jpeg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back