Post your favorite quotes (from someone famous)
Dec 1, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #17 of 38
"Spooning...it feels so good doesn't it honey? [looks at husband in audience] But sometimes there's no one to spoon you, and so you have to spoon yourself, and that's when it's like wow, spooning yourself feels even better!"

- Chantal Kreviazuk

Dec 1, 2002 at 5:59 AM Post #19 of 38
ooh I forgot this one :

"En ces temps difficiles, il convient d'accorder notre mépris avec parcimonie, tant nombreux sont les nécessiteux. "

Chateaubriand.

In english, it would be something like this:

"In these hard times, we must distribute our contempt with parsimony in regard of the high number of people needing it."

Dec 1, 2002 at 6:09 AM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

[size=xx-small]Abraham Lincoln [/size]

LOL, yeah, but the post count would drop dramatically
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 1, 2002 at 11:45 AM Post #21 of 38
i like two from the movie "swordfish":

"I like you. You're on my good side. But don't confuse kindness with weakness." (*raises gun) -Gabriel

"Patriotism doesn't have a four year shelf-life. But unfortunately, politicians do." (*raises gun) -Gabriel

Dec 1, 2002 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 38
"He confuses writing with typing." -Truman Capote on Tom Robbins

I think...

ok,
erix

Dec 1, 2002 at 11:04 PM Post #23 of 38
My signature
=
=
=
\/

Dec 2, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #24 of 38
"Masturbation - at least it's sex with someone I love" Woody Allen

Dec 2, 2002 at 3:29 AM Post #26 of 38
"A head-phile and his money are soon parted."
Ben Franklin

"What could possibly go wrong?"
Every single recipient of the Darwin award

Anything Winston Churchill ever said!

Ditto for Groucho Marx.

"I'll be back!"
-you know who

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
-unknown

"I finally have a system that I will be content with for a while."
-sound familiar?

gerG

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:18 AM Post #29 of 38
"That's gonna leave a mark.": Tommy Boy.

"We are the knights who say, Ni!": Monty Python, Holy Grail (OK, it's not really a famous quote, but it's REALLY funny!)

"There is no substitute for hard work." Thomas Edison (while true, it's important to remember that he said this when he has stoned on cocaine-fortified wine).

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life." Frank Zappa

Coupla favs...

Bruce

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:23 AM Post #30 of 38
See Sig
biggrin.gif

Also: "Hey, hold my beer and watch this!" -Soon-to-be-Darwin-Award-recipients everywhere
smily_headphones1.gif

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas-covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away, and think this to be normal, is obiously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be, but we have done various things over intellectual history to slowly correct some of our misapprehensions. Curiously enough, quite a lot of these have come from sand..." -Douglas Adams

And the other two DA quotes mentioned already, of course...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back