Post your favorite quote.
Mar 23, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #16 of 89
[size=small][size=small]Knowledge is the small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify Ambrose Bierce[/size]

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact. -
George Eliot[/size]

[size=small]Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean [/size]

[size=small]Egotism is nature's compensation for mediocrity. - L.A. Safian [/size]

[size=small]Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts. - Bernard Mannes Baruch[/size]

[size=small]Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But since no one was listening, everything must be said again. - Andre Gide [/size]

[size=small]If we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time. - Edith Wharton[/size]

[size=small][size=small]It is always easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them. - Alfred Adler[/size]

If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work another day in your life. -
Confucius[/size]

[size=small]Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people seem bright until you hear them speak. [/size]

[size=small]Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we can not eat money. 19th Century Native American[/size]

[size=small]Stop leaving and you will arrive. Stop searching and you will see. Stop running away and you will be found. - Lao Tzu [/size]

[size=small][size=small]My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right? Charles Schulz[/size]

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. -
Samuel Johnson[/size]

[size=small]We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are. - Anais Nin[/size]

[size=small]Were drowning in information and starving for knowledge. - Rutherford D. Rogers[/size]

[size=small][size=small]Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick[/size]

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before..[/size]

[size=small]Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.[/size]

[size=small]Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. [/size]

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #17 of 89
"unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; unmount; sleep"

wink.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #18 of 89
My friend at a very posh dinner was called upon to make a toast! having nothing to say she said,

"To c*ck!" A toast by Ellie. Makes me laugh ever time I think about it.

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 89
Where are all the Snowden's of yesteryear?
-Yossarian, Catch-22

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #21 of 89
other misc ones I used to have in my sigfiles
wink.gif

"Leave the gun. Take the canolies."

"Marge, get me your address book, four beers, and my conversation hat."

"In Soviet Russia, the government controls the commerce."

"It may look like I'm doing nothing, but I'm actively waiting for my problems to go away."

"Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that it's done by magic."

"Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue"

"A pizza of radius z and thickness a has a volume of pi z z a"

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at boxing."

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

"Today I saw a red and yellow sunset and thought, how insignificant I am! Of course, I thought that yesterday too, and it rained."

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #22 of 89
In no particular order, a sad revelation of my erudition, or lack thereof:

"Hell is other people." (Sartre, 1944)

"...biologically, Homo sapiens is a mildly polygynous ape with moderate levels of sperm competition." (Bateson & Bennett, 2006)

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." [Principal Anderson in Billy Madison (1995)]

"The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch, but you don't wanna blow your wad, so then you got to cool it off a notch. There are a lot of rules. Anyway... I've started to make a tape... in my head... for Laura. Full of stuff she likes. Full of stuff that make her happy. For the first time I can sort of see how that is done." [Rob in High Fidelity (2000)]

"I've been thinking with my gut since I was 14 years old and, frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have **** for brains." [Rob in High Fidelity (2000)]

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V. [V in V for Vendetta (2005)]

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure. [Agent Smith in The Matrix (1999)]

Mar 25, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #23 of 89
"The platypus is mother nature's way of saying, "I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ********* cripple you."" -cracked.com on the platypus being poisonous.

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #26 of 89
"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think"

"Screw it, lets do it" - Richard Branson

"People dont know what they want until they see it" - Steve Jobs
"Women dont know what they want until they hear it" - me

"One Life. Live it" - M1 tagline

"Life - Dreams = Job"

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #30 of 89
Albert has several in my top ten. And the other one I lived by as per ordered (ironically) by my CO the last place I was in the army. We did some pretty crazy stuff and scared the living s*** out of everyone but it was fun and we did good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
-Albert Einstein

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
Albert Einstein

"It is easier to obtain forgiveness then to receive permission"
Who Knows?

Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein

This one is just epic!
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

Quote:

As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
-Henry Louis Mencken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back