POST YOUR FAV TEST TRACK(S)!
Apr 28, 2011 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

i2ehan

Aka: Nightcrawler, Oof Oink
Was flipping items from the classifieds on eBay.
Thought it'd be fun to list specific tracks that many of you think of immediately with a new pair of cans, or want to test out their all around sound/quality. I'll start, and though it may not be HQ because of YouTube, the idea is only to share a track, which we can always acquire later in whatever bitrate we are after!
wink.gif

I'll start of course:

P.S. Trance keeps me drug free; it's the ONLY drug I need!
L3000.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 33
If this doesn't sound great in them, they don't belong on your head. (ick, just heard the youtube version back to back against my CD rip... ugly..
mad.gif
m however they have digi download sales on their site, flac and source audio http://www.rodgab.com/store.html )

Apr 29, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 33
eek.gif
 I've definitely burned in my 669's, and that track is proof enough!

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 33
No one else has any good test tracks to share? I get my 900 PROS on my Monday, so i hope I have a few good songs to test out and share my impression.

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 33
Here is another one that Iike, perhaps something different for you.

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 33
If this doesn't sound great in them, they don't belong on your head. (ick, just heard the youtube version back to back against my CD rip... ugly..
mad.gif
m however they have digi download sales on their site, flac and source audio http://www.rodgab.com/store.html )

Thanks for that. As eclectic as I am I haven't got around to everything yet. I like the classical guitar aspect of their work. Is that an original composition?

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 33
Thanks for that. As eclectic as I am I haven't got around to everything yet. I like the classical guitar aspect of their work. Is that an original composition?

Yeah, it's original, as is most of their work, though they've covered Stairway to Heavan, and Orion by Metallica, maybe another tune or so, but otherwise, it's all them.

Lot of sound for just 2 acoustic guitars, isn't it?

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #9 of 33

Yeah, it's original, as is most of their work, though they've covered Stairway to Heavan, and Orion by Metallica, maybe another tune or so, but otherwise, it's all them.

Indeed, reminds me of the talent of Lindsey Buckingham :D

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #10 of 33
Five in particular that I like, to offer a broad-spectrum look at how something's doing.

Kidneythieves - Zerospace

Devin Townsend - Planet Smasher

The Gathering - Travel (acoustic - I normally use the Sleepy Buildings track, but couldn't find that version on YouTube)

Aphex Twin - Bucephalus Bouncing Ball

Definitely not the gold standard classical/jazz/Diana Krall that people love around here, but I can't stand any of that stuff - how a setup performs with the music I listen to is much more important than how it performs with music I don't like.

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #12 of 33

Quote:
Quote:

I have their music, too.  It's excellent.  I was reading up on them a few months back.  I believe they actually had a hard rock band in Mexico - and, I guess they were doing OK, but wanted more.  So, they headed to Europe, switched over to acoustic guitars, and as they say ... the rest is all history.

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #13 of 33
This could be a bit controversial, but it is truly amazing.  The first track: "From The Plantation To The Penitentiary" on the same titled album by Wyton Marsalis is excellent for testing out the performance of headphones.  The stereo separation on this track is unbelievable.

Apr 30, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #14 of 33
I have their music, too.  It's excellent.  I was reading up on them a few months back.  I believe they actually had a hard rock band in Mexico - and, I guess they were doing OK, but wanted more.  So, they headed to Europe, switched over to acoustic guitars, and as they say ... the rest is all history.

Yup, the Mexican thrash scene got a bit stagnant for them, so they went to Ireland and started busking on the streets of Dublin, which is where they got noticed.

I can't say that they have a track that I don't like.

May 5, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #15 of 33

Quote:
mad.gif

Just got the complete FLAC collection, and for the love of God, this NEEDS to be a part of every music lovers collection! Simply stunning, and quite worthy of my 900's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back