Post your desktop!
Nov 10, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #316 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Here's mine...did I post it before? Whatever...

Props on the Disgaea desktop, good stuff. Too bad it'll be eons before I have time to play it again.
eek.gif

Nov 10, 2004 at 9:31 AM Post #317 of 2,274
Quote:

I got to build a high end server with dual 2.8 Xeons, 1GB ECC (later upgraded to 2GB) RAM, and a RAID of 5 15K SCSI drives. That sucker HAULED.

That's very similar to my workstation at the office:
Asus NCCH-DL
2x Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB
4GB PC3200 2-2-2
Adaptec 2200S SCSI RAID
3x Seagate Cheetah 15.3 in RAID5
Terratec DMX 6Fire LT (brought it from home - gotta have good sound
smily_headphones1.gif
)
Quadro 980XGL (the most dated component in the system; it's equivalent to a GeForce 4 Ti4600 with extra rendering capabilities and more than sufficient for my uses)

I use this system for a variety of tasks, including application development, web design, graphic manipulation and MCAD

The Opterons we've been testing absolutely destroy the Xeons for database and webserving, but the Xeons still dominate in most rendering tasks.

Nov 10, 2004 at 9:46 AM Post #318 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
That's very similar to my workstation at the office:
Asus NCCH-DL
2x Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB
4GB PC3200 2-2-2
Adaptec 2200S SCSI RAID
3x Seagate Cheetah 15.3 in RAID5
Terratec DMX 6Fire LT (brought it from home - gotta have good sound
smily_headphones1.gif
)
Quadro 980XGL (the most dated component in the system; it's equivalent to a GeForce 4 Ti4600 with extra rendering capabilities and more than sufficient for my uses)

I use this system for a variety of tasks, including application development, web design, graphic manipulation and MCAD

The Opterons we've been testing absolutely destroy the Xeons for database and webserving, but the Xeons still dominate in most rendering tasks.

You lucky bugger
very_evil_smiley.gif
I'd kill to be able to use something like that daily. Imagine a Beowulf cluster... nevermind...

Nov 10, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #320 of 2,274
Here is my desktop at work:

Biggie.

Nov 10, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #321 of 2,274
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
mr.slacker, how do u get shortcuts to logoff and shutdown?

i honostly do not remember, a someone told me that very long time ago and i forgot. sorry

Nov 10, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #324 of 2,274
I seem to get bored with wallpapers and switch them pretty often. Here are a few that I keep in rotation, though. I wish my image hosting service would allow me to upload files larger than 200k, because I have many more that are very very neat...and I don't feel like resizing them right now.
redface.gif

tritomx2__full.jpeg

darkskies10_full.gif

cuac10_full.gif

phatviper.jpg

porsche0451.jpg

Nov 11, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #325 of 2,274
Imyourzero,

You could probably save them as thumbnails which we would then click on to view the whole image.

Hyena,

For some reason that wallpaper scares me - it gives me the impression of ghosts and demons chasing me. It gives me "chase" images.

3luvis3,

For some reason I see that wallpaper as being very busy.

In case you missed it, this isn't busy:

Nov 17, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #330 of 2,274
Umm, Imyourzero, what you're doing here won't be considered cool by most of those wallpaper authors. Posting an artwork by an author for download on other sites, with no credit given to the author, and no consent from the author is what is known as "ripping." As in, you are ripping them off. Posting screenshots is a different thing, in that a screenshot is not the wallpaper by itself. But if Precursor (the author of at least one of those wallpapers) came here and saw this, he would be hopping mad at head-fi, and rightly so. It's against policy here anyway to post copyrighted works like that.

Now you're just wanting to share good wallpapers and that's cool, but you'd be better off pointing people in the right direction. In your case, the website is Endeffect.

Mods, or Imyourzero, please remove these images, or if you'd like, feel free to post them as screenshots. But as it is now, you stand to get Head-fi into a lot of trouble if Precurser finds out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back