Post-Rock Thread
Apr 25, 2008 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

malldian

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone here post-rock fans? I have been listening to it for about a year and a half and it continues to keep me on the edge of my seat. What are you guys into lately?

Apr 25, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 81
Heck yeah man, I've been into post rock for about two years now. Lately I've been enjoying Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You Black Emperor, and A Silver Mount Zion.

Excellent, calming music.

Apr 25, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 81
I love post rock. Always some Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Do Make Say Think, Explosions in the Sky, and Tortoise making the rounds on my iPod.

Zarathustra19: Thanks for reminding me that I need to check out A Silver Mt. Zion.

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 81
All those are great anyone listen to el ten eleven? Righht now I am listening to your hand in mine by explosions in the sky and it is beautiful enough for me to pause and post this - if upi haven't heard it make sure you do.

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #7 of 81
Definitely. Been into the big names like Godspeed and Mogwai for many years now, and been delving deep into the genre for a while now too.

Apr 27, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 81
I'm more of a post-metal person, but I enjoy post rock too. GY!BE, Mogwai, Mono, Caspian, The Album Leaf (if they count as post rock), Múm are all currently in my playlists.

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #9 of 81
Post-Rock bands I like are Mogwai (The album CODY is so awesome), Explosions in the Sky (The only post-rock band I've seen live), Sigur Ros (do they count?) and Mono (not as original as Mogwai and EITS but I've only listened to one album)

I really want to see Mogwai live

Apr 27, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #10 of 81
tristeza along with maserati,iktomi

Apr 28, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #14 of 81
2 of my favorite bands in general and postrock are Mogwai and Do Make Say Think. I love the genre but many well known bands just dont cut it for me. Especially Mogwai keeps making interesting records in my opinion.

Others worth mentioning: Moly (Your Life Is In Danger), The Beans (Bassplayer) and Yndi Halda (Enjoy Eternal Bliss) which are all more in the traditional style of postrock.

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #15 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All those are great anyone listen to el ten eleven? Righht now I am listening to your hand in mine by explosions in the sky and it is beautiful enough for me to pause and post this - if upi haven't heard it make sure you do.

el ten eleven were featured heavily in the soundtrack for the documentary Helvetica, right? I remember liking it quite a bit.

From Monument to Masses is very good also. Post rock type instrumentals with political vocal samples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back