Post Pictures of Your Instrument and more!
Apr 1, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #196 of 597
Looks like an organ
wink.gif
Do you have pedals?

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #197 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The main thing you should be on the lookout for in beginning guitars is if they're solid wood. Make sure it's either a spruce or cedar top.

actually this is not always true. I've heard plywood topped guitars that sound better than solid tops. You have to use your ears and your judgement. While my plywood top won't age and sound better in a few years like a solid top, it sounded way better than any solid tops 2-3 times its price range. I'm happy with the sound and I won't lose sleep knowing it won't age with time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
korgs.jpg
jupiter.png

do you really play with sheet music propped on the wall like that?

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #198 of 597
It's an organ alright... but no pedals yet (excluding an expression pedal). Hell, I couldn't even afford a speaker for it (50w Leslie costs $1500!), so for now I'm just using headphones. I'll get bass pedals eventually, they just hook up via MIDI.

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #199 of 597
This is a picture of the identical instrument I played while on the road - the legendary Hammond B3. For amplification, I used both a Leslie 122 and 925.

hammond-b-3-ser-nr-62368-1.jpg

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #200 of 597
...AWESOME!!!! screw violins, i'd absolutely kill for your Korg CX3, or Hammond XK3, or Roland VK8. better yet, a dual manual version of one of those. better yet, the awesome Nord C1 dual manual. no, no, better yet, a real Hammond "New B3" or "B3 Portable". the Hammond organ is such a beautiful instrument, with such a beautiful found. all i have is a nice midi controller and the excellent Native Instruments B4-II. it sounds like the real deal, but there's no substitute for real waterfall keys, a pedalboard, and real drawbars. you're a lucky man. my lust for great digital pianos and organs is the only thing holding my head-fi spending back. thanks for the pictures too, the Korg CX3 looks ugly in most other pictures.

good luck learning how to play it, especially with the pedalboard; it's a difficult instrument to master. i can barely do more than the part on "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" by CCR.
frown.gif

edit: the above poster posted an image of the "New B3", i do believe.

Apr 2, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #201 of 597
909: that's a very beautiful sax
buddha: i LOVE the bird on the fretboard!
md1032: lee oskar has awesome harmonicas. if i ever pick diatonic up again they've got my money.

i think this is, by far, the best page in this thread yet, thanks to the big variety.

Apr 2, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #205 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, no, better yet, a real Hammond "New B3" or "B3 Portable". the Hammond organ is such a beautiful instrument, with such a beautiful found. edit: the above poster posted an image of the "New B3", i do believe.

I just grabbed that photo off some random internet site. My Hammond B3 was purchased new in 1972 along with the two Leslie cabinets. As far as technology has come, I have yet to hear a digital keyboard replicate the sound of a B3+Leslie.

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #206 of 597
Here's one of my beloved axes that I recently put up for sale. This shot is from the store that has it on consignment.

It's still mine until it sells. If anyone wants it, make me an offer.

GibsonES175serN80982031.jpg

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #208 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dang, that's a beauty. i wish i had the money/talent for a good guitar.

Thanks. I wish I had the guitar/talent for good money.
biggrin.gif

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #209 of 597
Hmmm... May as well post my stash.

Tower%20of%20Power%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Tower of power! Loads of instruments that I can't name... You may have to tilt your head for this one.

Kawhai%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Kawhai piano. Lovely wood. Really really really loud.

Japanese%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Some Japanese instruments (don't know the names)

Woodwind%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Sorry about the blurry pic. These are some random woodwind instruments from around the world somewhere >_>

We got some more too... Like some random chinese mouth-organ thing which is like impossible to play and about 50 harmonicas, and even an old Yamaha DX7 Synthesizer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back