POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Oct 9, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #826 of 2,461
Those new deluxe deep cups look cool! Not exactly my style personally, but they are very neat looking.

Oct 9, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #827 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the deep Black Palms I just bought for $895, pretty sure the Amboyna ones went for the same. Deep cup Darths don't sit long.

Hi Rob,

Happy Birthday and congratulations on getting the Black Palms. I find them to me very good looking. I actually got to see the price of a Headphile special this time. I was tempted to get them (though probably already too late) but didn't as I have a pair of Leopard wood DBs due any time.

Hope that you enjoy them.

-ken

Oct 9, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #829 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazyscott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm new to this game, and have just taken a blind punt on a pair of coco blackmax V3's, is this a good choice?

i don't think you'l be disappointed in those cans or that choice in wood. be prepared for tons of bass though. i found mine a little overwhleming for the first day or two, but once i adjusted to them i fell in love. the only reason i'm selling mine is because i have two pairs of cocos.

Oct 10, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #830 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by guzziguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Rob,

Happy Birthday and congratulations on getting the Black Palms. I find them to me very good looking. I actually got to see the price of a Headphile special this time. I was tempted to get them (though probably already too late) but didn't as I have a pair of Leopard wood DBs due any time.

Hope that you enjoy them.

-ken

Thanks Ken! Appreciate that.

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #832 of 2,461
You guys think everyone here should at least own one Darth Beyer?

I'm thinking about getting one... but then I'd also have to get an amp for full-size headphones too...

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #833 of 2,461
Change your Sig to:

Give me Etys,
or give me DARTHS

tongue.gif
basshead.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #835 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys think everyone here should at least own one Darth Beyer?

I'm thinking about getting one... but then I'd also have to get an amp for full-size headphones too...

darths aren't bad at all, but i wouldn't say that everyone should have them. it depends on what music you listen to mostly. but if you do decide to get some, i know of some cocobolos that are for sale.
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #836 of 2,461
Everyone who listens to rock and blues should have a a pair of closed Darths because once they start enjoying them they only have to focus on buying deep cup Darths. Saves a lot of time.

Just IMHO of course...

I like the new VXD but what I'm taking my sweet time before I jump. What I have already sounds so good. I'm waiting for something that makes me swoon.
lambda.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #837 of 2,461
I'm waiting for my closed Flame Maple Darths... I can't wait to hear them with trance, new age and chill out music... I hope they do well with those kinds of music.
basshead.gif

Tablas, violins, Indian flutes, shamisen, sitars... Those kinda stuff...
wink.gif

Anyone here listens to that kind of music with their Darths?
confused.gif

I'm also starting to save for one of the deep cups... then when I see one that tickles my fancy I'm gonna gun it down....
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #839 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting for my closed Flame Maple Darths... I can't wait to hear them with trance, new age and chill out music... I hope they do well with those kinds of music.
basshead.gif

Tablas, violins, Indian flutes, shamisen, sitars... Those kinda stuff...
wink.gif

Anyone here listens to that kind of music with their Darths?
confused.gif

I'm also starting to save for one of the deep cups... then when I see one that tickles my fancy I'm gonna gun it down....
biggrin.gif

Darths like much world music varieties -- I use them for that myself.
Also good with the erhu -- and also Keren Ann and Mazzy Star and some Cat Power stuff, too. And Beck's Sea Change CD, especially. And with Tubular Bells.
Darths love stringed instruments, flutes, etc.....
Darths like stuff best with a softer, less percussive non-massive bass-line, so that you hear a realistic live-type bass -- like being there.
Some stuff, usually electronica (Massive Attack?), the bass can be too much -- other stuff, like with big, deep, upright bass, softly plucked so the bass sort of "oozes" forth, will put you into Nirvana. You can f-e-e-l the lowest bass notes entring your ears....
The crystal-clear mids and non-fatiguing highs are icing on the cake. Details galore!
*Especially* the deep-cup Darths, which are my favorites -- but hard to get -- of course.
basshead.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #840 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the deep Black Palms I just bought for $895, pretty sure the Amboyna ones went for the same. Deep cup Darths don't sit long.

Any pics yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back