POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
May 29, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #451 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hopefully i'll be able to contribute in the next week or so!
biggrin.gif

what r u getting?

May 29, 2007 at 8:31 AM Post #453 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElDanno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the stock silver ones were dyed black.

that's possible too, but i thought i read somewhere on Larry's site that he keeps the silver pads to use on other projects/builds that he posts up on the Deals pages or something like that. *shrug* whatever happens to them, you only end up with 1 pair of pads
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what r u getting?

I'm getting Zebra wood open w/ covers, 2m blackmax terminated to 1/4" with black velour pads

May 31, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #454 of 2,461
Got my Darth today !!!

Wow !!! It's really something special ! ATM they sounds very warm , and mids feels recessed. But I think my amp is not enough for them , thats why they very warm ? With DT880 my ANT was not less then excellent , so I know how it may sound. Of course they just can be still not burned-in . From my previous experiencewith DT880 they changed a lot after 100-120 hours
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway , pictures will come later , need to place all things together
smily_headphones1.gif
Stello DA100 on the way !

May 31, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #455 of 2,461
You have to break them in for 100 hours before they will sound like they "normally" sound.

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #459 of 2,461
YUP, the Wenge's are sold indeed, and on their way to cooperpwc. Now I wait for the Deep Closed DB's!

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #460 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I wait for the Deep Closed DB's!

Welcome to the deep cup family Skylab. There is 3 deep cups now? 2 open and 1 closed?

I'm still enjoying my boobies right now. Listening to the Boobies with the Presonus CS right now. The Presonus definetly isn't to the caliber the GCHA is but it's a good portable rig.

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #461 of 2,461
I was going to wait until 2008...
plainface.gif
but it just isn't every day that Darths come on the market in Wenge (I'm basically the exotic but dress-down type) with two meters of BlackMax cable, wood splitter and plug. In fact, it kind of never happens and you can't order them either. My perfect pair!
eggosmile.gif
The matched stand just sealed my fate. Carpe Diem.

You know that these guys were handled well. And they won't need burn in...

Wow, I'm finally finally in Darth land.
cool.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #462 of 2,461
Yeah, the no burn-in thing is really nice. When I get my new ones all I can do for the first 100 hours is stare at them...

Jun 5, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #463 of 2,461
congrats on the deep cup purchase, skylab! and also, congrats to cooperpwc for the Wenge... that's my favorite wood style, if only
tongue.gif

and i'm also jealous that skylab will probably get his deep cups before i get my darths! i've been waiting for 10 weeks, so my time should come here soon!

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #464 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting Zebra wood open w/ covers, 2m blackmax terminated to 1/4" with black velour pads

i love the zebras that he's done. are you getting the tight or wide zebra wood?

gotta question for you darthoids - some folks say that darths are kind of dark and perhaps too bassy. does using blacksilver cable rather than the oft opted for blackmax or blackgold balance them out more?

another question for those who frequent the headphile specials page - how much did the darth denons go for?

Jun 5, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #465 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i love the zebras that he's done. are you getting the tight or wide zebra wood?

another question for those who frequent the headphile specials page - how much did the darth denons go for?

idk what size striping larry is going to give me... i prefer thin but i'll take whatever. hopefully high contrast too
tongue.gif

and i THINK the darth denons sold for about $575

Users who are viewing this thread

Back