POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Mar 10, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #106 of 2,461
OH MY GOODNESS, that is sooooooooooooooooooooo funny. I can't belive my eyes.

Burr, must be cold out....

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #107 of 2,461
Lad27, I truely love those headphones! Your picture taking skills are very good, and the snake along side it just go so well together in many ways.

Bravo!

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #108 of 2,461
Those look soooo nice Lad27. I love the snake pic.

I've been listening to my DB a lot lately. They still amaze me.

_______

Skylab, that is so wrong.
eek.gif
Let the names for these commence. lol.

Mar 10, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #110 of 2,461
I sawthe burl and the snakewood and really want a pair of "private stock" V3's but the price on some of them has just eluded me so far.

Hope he has a pair that will stay up on the site long enough for me to a least continplate the purchase.

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #111 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I just saw those on Larry's page earlier today, figured Skylab would grab it soon enough
tongue.gif

Larry calls em Darth 770 VXD3-O
biggrin.gif

Nah, those aren't for me. I'm strictly a dark wood kind of guy
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #112 of 2,461
I managed to get a cheap wooden stand(~USD$20) and now my Darths are sitting "sadly" on it, they are happy when they are on my head
smily_headphones1.gif

Pardon the bad lighting tho, the Darths look much better in actual with the "moving grains".
IMG_1393e.jpg

Mar 10, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #113 of 2,461
The new Darths on Larry's site are something.
biggrin.gif
And the version numbers are getting pretty interesting too: Darth 770 VXD3-O.

Seriously I wonder how these sound open. Should change things considerably.

Mar 10, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #114 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Larry has a new headphone posted on his site, but I think he may have been suffering the effects of the long snowy winter in Washington State:

hd4a.jpg

So that's why you have to be 18 or older to order. I bet they sound awesome, they probably have the monster soundstage as the old open darths, with the new improved sound of the version 3.

Mar 11, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #116 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Your picture taking skills are very good...

Digital photography is my another hobby, but I have to come out clear here. The first pic and all the ones with the snake aren't photos, but scans.

Anyone can try it. I used old el-cheapo Lexmark flatbed scanner, set at photo quality, 600dpi. Then positioned all the props on the glass, left lid open (that will make for dark background, coloured rag can be thrown over whole setup to achieve some amazing background textures) and shone Maglite torch from the side to get some extra effect. The creative opportunities here are endless...
cool.gif

Resulting file is rather large, resized it Photoshop and also tweaked overall saturation and exposure so the wood colour actually looks real life-like (on my monitor anyway).

Only PITA with this process is to keep glass meticulously cleen of dust bits and smudges, but some of the imperfections can be cloned/despeckled out in Photoshop.

Happy scannin' everyone...

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #117 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new Darths on Larry's site are something.
biggrin.gif
And the version numbers are getting pretty interesting too: Darth 770 VXD3-O.

Seriously I wonder how these sound open. Should change things considerably.

yes my friend, they look very 'interesting' to say the least! a cold washington winter eh? they wooden cover looks to go much further near the bass than the other ones as well as more curved... as the dt770 have phenomenal soundstage and imaging already, these must be dynamic to no end... with the open part, they must be quite focused as well as good accoustics... very interesting

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #118 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes my friend, they look very 'interesting' to say the least! a cold washington winter eh? they wooden cover looks to go much further near the bass than the other ones as well as more curved... as the dt770 have phenomenal soundstage and imaging already, these must be dynamic to no end... with the open part, they must be quite focused as well as good accoustics... very interesting

It would be fascinating to hear the difference of how they sound with covers on and off. There is potentially a huge difference with Beyer cans. I say this because I am being blown away this weekend by how I apparently just bought two pairs of headphones. The DT880/600s are completely different when switching between the velour earpads and the leather. Not sort of different... radically changed. More on this in an appropriate thread in a few days when I have a better feel for the differences and which way I prefer.

Mar 12, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #119 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The creative opportunities here are endless...
cool.gif

That's very impessive! I will have to give that a try someday!

Thanks.

Mar 12, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #120 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by brn80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I just saw those on Larry's page earlier today, figured Skylab would grab it soon enough
tongue.gif

Larry calls em Darth 770 VXD3-O
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, those aren't for me. I'm strictly a dark wood kind of guy
biggrin.gif

so which dark wood will you be ordering darth 770vxd3-os in skylab?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back