Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jun 24, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #2,431 of 4,134
Quote:
I'll be tricking out a 'transportable' recording rig soon for something similar. Probably going to consist of my Mackbook, Duet 2, a pair of decent mics, and a Signature Pro. 

I'm wanting to go around and possibly record local street performers as well as various friends to start, but I'd really like to get a feel for 'properly' micing a drum kit as well.

Consider an H4n. Built in condensers will record most anything while being very portable. Then you can use it as an interface with your Macbook if you'd like and you'd always be able to use it with another interface later to add 2 channels to.

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #2,432 of 4,134
And for many channel drum recording, you'll be well off with 6 or 7 of these for individual drum miking and a pair of condensers for overheads. Learn how to use them all well and you should get a very nice sound. 
Even just a pair of condensers alone should be very listenable. http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=37-206&Category_Code=microphones
And pretty much all of this advice comes from LFF, so a huge thanks to him. Sorry if this thread is going off topic. Feel free to PM me for advice. 

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #2,433 of 4,134
I'd be dual miking for drums on the go and I plan on a 7 mic set up for home. 

Definitely going to PM LFF before I just jump in though, me thinks. 

Then again, I'm still just blowing smoke at this point. We'll see. Recording is one of the few things I'd actually be good at in the industry though.

Quote:
And for many channel drum recording, you'll be well off with 6 or 7 of these for individual drum miking and a pair of condensers for overheads. Learn how to use them all well and you should get a very nice sound. 
Even just a pair of condensers alone should be very listenable. http://www.speakerrepair.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=37-206&Category_Code=microphones
And pretty much all of this advice comes from LFF, so a huge thanks to him. Sorry if this thread is going off topic. Feel free to PM me for advice. 

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #2,440 of 4,134
I just got this in a few days ago. It is a 38" Khalil Mamoon Trimetal hookah with 64" KM washable hose, Flip bowl, and Heba diffuser. Don't worry, I don't smoke it near my gear. That is just where I keep when clean.

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #2,441 of 4,134
my 10 year old Passport 8500 took a dump on me so I just bought the Passport 9500ix.  Comes tomorrow.  :)

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #2,442 of 4,134
I've been considering getting one for myself lately. 2 of my new roomies have one (one a floor stander and one a smaller table model). I really enjoy them so I'd like one of my own.

They're really fun at the end of a long day.

Quote:
I just got this in a few days ago. It is a 38" Khalil Mamoon Trimetal hookah with 64" KM washable hose, Flip bowl, and Heba diffuser. Don't worry, I don't smoke it near my gear. That is just where I keep when clean.

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #2,443 of 4,134
Quote:
my 10 year old Passport 8500 took a dump on me so I just bought the Passport 9500ix.  Comes tomorrow.  :)

I wish I could have one. Radar detectors are banned in most of Australia. 

Now I just go driving with friends and never take the lead :D.

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #2,444 of 4,134
Quote:
I've been considering getting one for myself lately. 2 of my new roomies have one (one a floor stander and one a smaller table model). I really enjoy them so I'd like one of my own.

Quote:

Quote:

ROLF I'm sure they are very fun at the end of a long day. From now on instead of calling you MorbidToaster can I call you NicelyToasted ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back