Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jul 14, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #2,461 of 4,134
Okay I now Im derailing this thread further, but with shisha and Hookahs, ive smoked it once. And probably was wayyy too much for a first time. But heres how my experience went:

Chilling with a friend drinking a few beers, then he pulls out the hookah because ive never tried it. So we commence to smoke away(hitting it like normal breathing but deeper) pretty much till the entire room was a blur, I think we went through 1.5 or 2 "bowls" if you will IIRC.

Went to bed, and then commenced the worst night of my entire life, not kidding. Got up idk how many minutes later puked, laid back down after emptying my stomache, got up 10mins later and dry heaved/spitting acid and then the slight headache I had increased 10 fold. This repeated literally 17 times, lay down 10min, get up dry heave, lay down, get up, etc etc etc. Since then, I wont even get near the stuff. Where did I go wrong?  

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #2,462 of 4,134
Too much, too soon. You had a nicotine overdose. You will be extra-sensitive to even secondhand tobacco smoke for quite a while.

Jul 14, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #2,463 of 4,134

Got my first "grown up bike"(was a kid 4 years ago). A Kona Blast 2002. A very nice ride for me. Just added a 10th hobby haha. Have a little too many, so much money being spent everywhere.  At least its all long lasting and useful. 
Going to start upgrading it when the wallet recovers.

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #2,464 of 4,134
Samson SR850, like I need another can! 
redface.gif
 But at $33.99 delivered, what the heck.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #2,465 of 4,134
Too much, too soon. You had a nicotine overdose. You will be extra-sensitive to even secondhand tobacco smoke for quite a while.

Way too much...one bowl of a decent shisha between 3 people is all we need at my place. If it starts to burn mix it up. One bowl goes a looong way. I can't even imagine that much at once. Ick.

Jul 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #2,466 of 4,134
Quote:

Quote:
Way too much...one bowl of a decent shisha between 3 people is all we need at my place. If it starts to burn mix it up. One bowl goes a looong way. I can't even imagine that much at once. Ick.

Figured as much. We were watching tv so it was easy to lose track of time. Im getting a headache just thinking about it again. Grokit define sensitive? As in a small amount will make me sick, or really easy to get the "buzz"? Luckily im not a smoker/dipper/tobacco person. 

Jul 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #2,467 of 4,134
Quote:
Yeah, they haven't done me wrong yet and it was time to take the plunge into the "reference" side of the pool.
I managed to pick them up as a trade for HD25's.

Welcome to the club! I own the HD580 and the HD25-1 II and couldn't do without 'em. :) HD580 is just wonderful. And cheap!

Since then, I wont even get near the stuff. Where did I go wrong?  

Don't feel bad. I always get a bit lightheaded too when I wash the burn of a line of coke away with a double whiskey. Happens to the best of us. 

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #2,469 of 4,134
Quote:
Grokit define sensitive? As in a small amount will make me sick, or really easy to get the "buzz"? Luckily im not a smoker/dipper/tobacco person. 

When it happened to me, I felt nauseous and got headaches for a year or two if I was around tobacco smokers too much. It felt like my body was trying to tell me to stay away from it for a while, definitely not a buzz!

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #2,470 of 4,134
Quote:
This is my most recent "significant purchase." 

1999 R1

Nice, yamaha is the way to go. Just picked up my first bike last month. 
Quote:

When it happened to me, I felt nauseous and got headaches for a year or two if I was around tobacco smokers too much. It felt like my body was trying to tell me to stay away from it for a while, definitely not a buzz!

Ah, never had any issues like that to my knowledge. Maybe I just wasnt putting two and two together though. 

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #2,474 of 4,134
Jul 15, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #2,475 of 4,134
Just love this espresso machine, I have bought second hand.To get the coffee right is almost as interesting and challenging as getting the perfect synergy in your rig(neverending story).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back