Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 3, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2,161 of 4,134
Haha, I still love the bandaid :D

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #2,162 of 4,134

Quote:
I had the TF10 first and now moving to the EX600 I hear an improvement on clarity. but how do you feel going from the EX600 to the TF10?

No idea yet, I'm still waiting for them to arrive. Last time I checked they left the head USPS sort center in Texas. That was 4 days ago they still haven't hit the Canadian border yet. I'm guessing I'll get them sometime late this week. Say since you're a cable guy you're the guy to ask. The stories about the TF10 cabling being cheap and flimsy is notorious on here. In your opinion what's a good company to go to for a better quality TF10 cable for under 50 bucks?

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #2,164 of 4,134

Quote:
No idea yet, I'm still waiting for them to arrive. Last time I checked they left the head USPS sort center in Texas. That was 4 days ago they still haven't hit the Canadian border yet. I'm guessing I'll get them sometime late this week. Say since you're a cable guy you're the guy to ask. The stories about the TF10 cabling being cheap and flimsy is notorious on here. In your opinion what's a good company to go to for a better quality TF10 cable for under 50 bucks?

not a cable guy, really. the black stock TF10 cable has memory character and kinda heavy, as opposite to the light and thinner EX cable. I have a UE clear cable, "super.fi 5 cable?" UE sent it as replacement. you might have better luck in the TF10 appreciation thread, I havent tried any other cables, sorry cant help you there mate.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #2,165 of 4,134

Quote:

Although I own the TF10, I never took the time to buy new cables for them because I have 3 pairs of customs with aftermarket cables so I don't feel the need to shell out more money for the TF10. But if you're strictly looking for better ergonomics, I've heard many good things about the Fiio cable that was released a couple months back. Not sure about how it may affect the sound though. Most people with Chris_Himself cables are very happy, although it's just a little bit over your budget. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #2,166 of 4,134
Sorry, that was meant to be a joke about head-fiers and not to be taken seriously, tone is hard to get across over the internet.

No problem. I guess I should have been more precise and said "for the time being" as that was what I inferred but I wasn't expecting anyone to take it that literally since then it is such a ludicrous question. :p

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #2,167 of 4,134

Thats why the head-fi community is one of the friendliest communities on the internet.
Quote:
No problem. I guess I should have been more precise and said "for the time being" as that was what I inferred but I wasn't expecting anyone to take it that literally since then it is such a ludicrous question.
tongue.gif

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #2,172 of 4,134

Quote:
Although I own the TF10, I never took the time to buy new cables for them because I have 3 pairs of customs with aftermarket cables so I don't feel the need to shell out more money for the TF10. But if you're strictly looking for better ergonomics, I've heard many good things about the Fiio cable that was released a couple months back. Not sure about how it may affect the sound though. Most people with Chris_Himself cables are very happy, although it's just a little bit over your budget. 

Thanks man I'll do a search for Chris_Himself and see what his storefront has to offer. I'm gonna give the TF10 a few weeks of head time and see how the stock cables hold up before I go looking for cables.

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #2,174 of 4,134
oday on my lunchbreak me and my buddy sam went to a few thrifts. ive been getting the feeling latley that im gunna score something huge at one place perticular, -you know, geardar or audiophile intuition as i like to call it burning in the pit of my stomach for the last few weeks, i hit the place 2 times and today, *!WHAM!* i score a TOTL fisher 600-T tube/solidstate hybrid receiver from 1965 with its original matching fisher heritage series speakers, model xp-6. for $20 out the door! the receiver is pretty ugly and some bunghole put contact paper all over the speakers but its all there! ive been looking for a 600-t for years and its one of my "holy grail" models! it was in the back room when i got there and hadnt been put out yet! they were holding it for me.

ive been playing all my favorite rap songs on this thing. doing bass tests etc. sounds really clean great vocal presence. i keep finding myself stuck just staring blankly at this thing as my windows shake! there is a catch though, the left channel is burned out, so i have to run it in mono and its kinda freaking out. im scared to death im gunna blow this thing up. if i can get the blown channel to come back, it may knock the marantz 18 off its pedastil! in my main rig, i have 3 sections, main control is my marantz 2285, left stack i run my jvc 5550u as lead receiver followed by the others, right stack i use the pioneer sx-3800 for the lead receiver but front center down low i have the early SS 1960s receivers, marantz 18 is lead, followed by sansui 3000a, and heathkit ar-29. this fisher 600t will eather take place of the heathkit or the marantz.

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #2,175 of 4,134

Quote:
Thanks man I'll do a search for Chris_Himself and see what his storefront has to offer. I'm gonna give the TF10 a few weeks of head time and see how the stock cables hold up before I go looking for cables.

The stock TF10 cable was miserable in my experience, the strain relief at the plug leaves a LOT to be desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back