Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #2,176 of 4,134
Yeah, I'd had to replace the TF10 cable at least twice due a channel cutting out. (Normal wear and tear) At least they're replaceable, which is a lifesaver.

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #2,178 of 4,134

Quote:
Logan what cable do you use?

Im not into fancy metals I just want something without memory character and easy to manage

I use the one that Fisher sent me when I got them remolded, it has a nice right angle plug. The prongs fit the IEM portion better, too, but that might just be because remolding made the little sockets a bit bigger.

You know what I mean about the stock cable, right? That thing has zero strain relief at all, makes it dangerous to leave it plugged into the DAP and put in a bag or a pocket.

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #2,179 of 4,134

Quote:
I use the one that Fisher sent me when I got them remolded, it has a nice right angle plug. The prongs fit the IEM portion better, too, but that might just be because remolding made the little sockets a bit bigger.

You know what I mean about the stock cable, right? That thing has zero strain relief at all, makes it dangerous to leave it plugged into the DAP and put in a bag or a pocket.

yeah the stock cable is terrible, mine peeled off from below the Y splitter for no apparently reason, and it is too heavy.

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #2,180 of 4,134

Quote:
Logan what cable do you use?

Im not into fancy metals I just want something without memory character and easy to manage

Looks like the Fiio UE cable may be what you're looking for. No fancy metals, much softer than the TF10 cable and <$30. 

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #2,183 of 4,134

Quote:
but I read some cases in which the pin (plug to IEM) breaks. oh well, might pick up a pair.

Well hopefully that won't happen if you decide to pick up a pair..at least it's only $30. 

Although I think if you're careful when connecting and disconnecting the cable, the pin's not going to break off that easily.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2,184 of 4,134
Quote:
oday on my lunchbreak me and my buddy sam went to a few thrifts. ive been getting the feeling latley that im gunna score something huge at one place perticular, -you know, geardar or audiophile intuition as i like to call it burning in the pit of my stomach for the last few weeks, i hit the place 2 times and today, *!WHAM!* i score a TOTL fisher 600-T tube/solidstate hybrid receiver from 1965 with its original matching fisher heritage series speakers, model xp-6. for $20 out the door! the receiver is pretty ugly and some bunghole put contact paper all over the speakers but its all there! ive been looking for a 600-t for years and its one of my "holy grail" models! it was in the back room when i got there and hadnt been put out yet! they were holding it for me.

ive been playing all my favorite rap songs on this thing. doing bass tests etc. sounds really clean great vocal presence. i keep finding myself stuck just staring blankly at this thing as my windows shake! there is a catch though, the left channel is burned out, so i have to run it in mono and its kinda freaking out. im scared to death im gunna blow this thing up. if i can get the blown channel to come back, it may knock the marantz 18 off its pedastil! in my main rig, i have 3 sections, main control is my marantz 2285, left stack i run my jvc 5550u as lead receiver followed by the others, right stack i use the pioneer sx-3800 for the lead receiver but front center down low i have the early SS 1960s receivers, marantz 18 is lead, followed by sansui 3000a, and heathkit ar-29. this fisher 600t will eather take place of the heathkit or the marantz.

Wow, very cool. Nice find!

Check these threads out: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/552257/calling-all-vintage-speaker-owners
http://www.head-fi.org/t/537704/calling-all-vintage-integrated-receiver-owners

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #2,185 of 4,134
Decided to tool around with vinyl for a while and see how i like it.

Picking this up on Saturday.
Thorens TD160 with SME3009 series 2 arm, Doug Olsen plinth. Will start out with a Cambridge 640P phono and a audio technica MM cartridge to begin with.

Mar 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #2,187 of 4,134

I couldn't get a clear shot of the dough nuts......

But in all seriousness, Glorious DX 11 master race...now to get windows 7.

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #2,190 of 4,134
Quote:

I couldn't get a clear shot of the dough nuts......

But in all seriousness, Glorious DX 11 master race...now to get windows 7.

Very nice! I bought the same GPU for my new PC I built in January. I can't really say how good it is because I don't stress is very much, but otherwise, it has been flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back