Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #2,192 of 4,134

Quote:
Very nice! I bought the same GPU for my new PC I built in January. I can't really say how good it is because I don't stress is very much, but otherwise, it has been flawless.

Yea it's a nice step up from my old 9800GT that still oddly enough with the rest of my system runs anything I have throw at it quite well. This just does it better.

Quote:
... and why do i feel the envy rising up inside me?

Because you cant have a mango tango?

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #2,194 of 4,134
This was my tax return this year...

A pair of Emotiva UPA-1 mono blocks which will be putting 350 Watts into my MMGs when they get here. The XDA-1 is acting as my preamp for now. Can't wait to get a proper pre best week. I'm loving Emotiva more and more...

Mar 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #2,195 of 4,134
Mar 9, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #2,197 of 4,134
Mar 9, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #2,198 of 4,134
Its cool for the weird stuff they make, equally if not more weird store they have. One further bonus being they are open 24 hours..well the downtown store closes for one hour at 3AM or 4Am while they get restocked by the NE store.

The maple bacon bar is quite a treat. Their donuts are good, just not great.

Joe's donuts in Sandy's is a whole different world of awesome. Then there is the Sesame donuts on Beaverton HIllsdale which is pretty darn good too.

Mar 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #2,200 of 4,134
Welp.. brought it home..

Thorens TD160mk1, SME3009 series 2 arm, Doug Olsen plinth. Acoustic Fidelity wiring. AT120E cartridge to get things started.

Damn shme the new Cambridge Audio 640P phono pre i picked up an hour or so ago is kaput out of the box. I took off the cover on it and probed around to find the positive rail missing. No input to the 7818 regulator. I am having to sit here just looking at this beautiful table tonight. 

Will go get a replacement phono tomorrow.. sigh.

Mar 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2,201 of 4,134

Quote:
Its cool for the weird stuff they make, equally if not more weird store they have. One further bonus being they are open 24 hours..well the downtown store closes for one hour at 3AM or 4Am while they get restocked by the NE store.

The maple bacon bar is quite a treat. Their donuts are good, just not great.

Joe's donuts in Sandy's is a whole different world of awesome. Then there is the Sesame donuts on Beaverton HIllsdale which is pretty darn good too.

ahh fellow portlanders :)  do you guys ever have "meets"? 

i usually take anyone who is visiting to voodoo doughnuts...just a cool place that's unique to show them. 

I also have to take them to certain food carts--another thing portland is known for. 

as for audio stores...i didn't particularly like echo audio.  no selection for inexpensive amps...very small selection of headphones..like less than 10 models.  No listening room or anything like it....  My experience at guitar center was way better--listening room...and its' where i discovered my DT880s :D    is stereotypes any better? 

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #2,203 of 4,134

Quote:

i usually take anyone who is visiting to voodoo doughnuts...just a cool place that's unique to show them. 

I also have to take them to certain food carts--another thing portland is known for. 

as for audio stores...i didn't particularly like echo audio.  no selection for inexpensive amps...very small selection of headphones..like less than 10 models.  No listening room or anything like it....  My experience at guitar center was way better--listening room...and its' where i discovered my DT880s :D    is stereotypes any better? 

Stereotypes is really nice. Was there this weekend. So is Pearl Audio. 

ALO Audio's "listening room" is also quite a treat :wink: (was also there this weekend..very briefly )

As for meets, i believe the last one was held at ALO audio. Might have to post a thread to see if there is any interest. I don't want to host it or organize it as last time i did it by myself and was little too much work for my lazy butt. lol

However, feel free to drop me a PM if you want to do a mini-meet at my place.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #2,205 of 4,134

Quote:
Quote:

Stereotypes is really nice. Was there this weekend. So is Pearl Audio. 

ALO Audio's "listening room" is also quite a treat :wink: (was also there this weekend..very briefly )

As for meets, i believe the last one was held at ALO audio. Might have to post a thread to see if there is any interest. I don't want to host it or organize it as last time i did it by myself and was little too much work for my lazy butt. lol

However, feel free to drop me a PM if you want to do a mini-meet at my place.

cool man.  I didn't even know ALO and Pearl Audio existed.  I googled looking for hifi shops, too. 

Quote:
It's not very substantial, but it IS my latest headphone purchase.

Lucas sure seems to approve, and holy damn these things are comfortable.

I approve of the headphones and the triplefi 10s in your avatar. exactly what I have :D  ..that is if you have the DT880s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back