Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #2,146 of 4,134
Quote:
Finger use is a bit less precise than my iPhone. It annoyed me for all of 5 minutes and then I got used to it. That's one of the only complaints I have with it. 

I thought it was funny as well when I realized they were pretty much just bringing back the palm pilot. I'm okay with that though. I can see myself using the stylus to take quick notes at work, and the Google integration (ala Android) is something I can really get behind. I liked Apple's closed system, but I like Android's more open one, too.

The pen also has some button features. For example, if you hold the button and then tap the screen is screen caps it and lets you write notes on the screen cap. Pretty nifty features. I think I'm really going to like it. I do fear dropping it because it's so big though, so I've got it covered (insurance) until I can get used to that.

EDIT: Here's a picture from the 8mp camera. Very similar to the 4S and a major step up from the 4.

Nice! I actually still use the Tungsten E1 as a PDA to keep up with my class assignments in college :p

It's amazing to me that the battery stills lasts so long. The earlier palm pilots were built well. I'll probably end up installing Graffiti for Android when (or if) I get the Journal. Graffiti2 is much better though, I wonder if that one is in the Android Marketplace.

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #2,148 of 4,134
Quote:
Brings back memories of practicing that Palm Pilot script.

Ugh, that thing...  I never got good at it.  My brother and my two Palm-owning friends were quite efficient at writing stuff, though.

Mar 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #2,151 of 4,134
I'm impressed by the battery. My brightness is at minimum (which works for me most of the time), and all data is off (4g, Wifi, and 3g) because I'm at work. I'm almost done with my work day and it's just above 60%. Did some music listening this morning and a little Pandora.

Overall I think I'm going to enjoy it quite a bit. My biggest concern was battery life, but I won't worry about that anymore.

Does anyone know of a Mac based way (similar to iTunes) to get music onto this thing though? I hate having to drag and drop all the music I want on it. Oh, and what are the good Android music apps? :D
Quote:
Quote:

Nice! I actually still use the Tungsten E1 as a PDA to keep up with my class assignments in college :p

It's amazing to me that the battery stills lasts so long. The earlier palm pilots were built well. I'll probably end up installing Graffiti for Android when (or if) I get the Journal. Graffiti2 is much better though, I wonder if that one is in the Android Marketplace.

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #2,152 of 4,134
Quote:
I'm impressed by the battery. My brightness is at minimum (which works for me most of the time), and all data is off (4g, Wifi, and 3g) because I'm at work. I'm almost done with my work day and it's just above 60%. Did some music listening this morning and a little Pandora.

Overall I think I'm going to enjoy it quite a bit. My biggest concern was battery life, but I won't worry about that anymore.

Does anyone know of a Mac based way (similar to iTunes) to get music onto this thing though? I hate having to drag and drop all the music I want on it. Oh, and what are the good Android music apps? :D

Your probably going to want to use Winamp for mac, If you desire a Mac based way of syncing your music on to it. there is also a Winamp media player for Android as well, and you can wireless sync between your desktop and Android application. It's still in Beta, but it looks like its going to be a very reliable program. You can give it a try if you like.

http://blog.winamp.com/2011/10/26/introducing-winamp-for-mac-sync-beta/

Rockbox for Android as an integrated application based player is interesting, if not a tiny bit unstable. It isn't usable on devices that aren't a standard 800x480, I beleive. 

Edit: Good to know about the battery, and this is the first time I've heard of a 5.3inch Super Amoled display. It must look gorgeous xD

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #2,154 of 4,134
Thought I was for about a day...Now I'm thinking about spending my tax return on a W3000ANV...

Quote:
Congrats! Are you finished with your headphone rig now?

I saw Winamp but I've heard it's still rough around the edges. I'll try it out though. Using PowerAmp atm as the standard Android player is terrible (no ALAC support is a deal breaker).

Quote:
Quote:

Your probably going to want to use Winamp for mac, If you desire a Mac based way of syncing your music on to it. there is also a Winamp media player for Android as well, and you can wireless sync between your desktop and Android application. It's still in Beta, but it looks like its going to be a very reliable program. You can give it a try if you like.

http://blog.winamp.com/2011/10/26/introducing-winamp-for-mac-sync-beta/

Rockbox for Android as an integrated application based player is interesting, if not a tiny bit unstable. It isn't usable on devices that aren't a standard 800x480, I beleive. 

Edit: Good to know about the battery, and this is the first time I've heard of a 5.3inch Super Amoled display. It must look gorgeous xD

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #2,157 of 4,134

Quote:
Congrats.  Is this your first TF10?

Thanks, and yes it is. I tried to grab a pair during black Friday but I live in Canada and Amazon wouldn't ship it outside the USA. I'm looking forward to finally listening for myself what all the fuss is about. These things seem to be the little darlings of head-fi IEM's

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #2,158 of 4,134

Quote:
Thanks, and yes it is. I tried to grab a pair during black Friday but I live in Canada and Amazon wouldn't ship it outside the USA. I'm looking forward to finally listening for myself what all the fuss is about. These things seem to be the little darlings of head-fi IEM's

I had the TF10 first and now moving to the EX600 I hear an improvement on clarity. but how do you feel going from the EX600 to the TF10?

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #2,159 of 4,134
Quote:
I saw Winamp but I've heard it's still rough around the edges. I'll try it out though. Using PowerAmp atm as the standard Android player is terrible (no ALAC support is a deal breaker).

Nice. Just wondering but does it sound any decent out of it's headphone jack? How are you using it? I've used samsung Winmobile smartphones in the past -Samsung Omnia i910 and Omnia II- and found them to sound quite decent. The Omnia II in particular sounded pretty nice as a portable device to fall back on, and I like dNse. Is the dNse featured in it?

I'm not asking for a review or anything, just a general confirmation of whether or not is has passable sound =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back