Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Oct 26, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #1,696 of 4,134
Picked this up at a neighbor's garage sale while I was looking for some old audio gear for $45. Never played before, but it looked really nice and I've always wanted to learn. Now I just need a decently priced guitar amp.. Until then just acoustic tabs for me I suppose. Very excited though! 

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #1,697 of 4,134

Quote:
That's some very nice licorice pizza you've got there MrQ! I'm keen to get into vinyl; went to a local record fair at the weekend and brought a load of LPs - the only problem is I don't have a record player yet! I plan to fix that when Novemeber's payslip lands.

What deck are you planning to get?

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #1,698 of 4,134

Quote:
What deck are you planning to get?

A Rega RP3 with the Elys 2 cartridge bundle. I need to get a phono stage too; I've been weighing up the Rega Fono MM and the Cambridge Audio Azur 640P. I think I'll go with the 640P, it's cheaper than the Rega and there doesn't seem to be much in it between the two.

Oct 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #1,699 of 4,134
Leopold Tenkeyless w/Blacks. Love my Steelseries 6Gv2 but have no use for the num pad.

After listening to purrin's modded set I wanted these as my main dynamic.

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #1,700 of 4,134

Dell U3011. This thing is MASSIVE. Been stuck w/ 24" for 4 years and thought it was about time to upgrade. Now that I have tasted the euphoria of 2560x1600, 24" looks like a kindergarten playground. My old U2410 is now an auxillary screen. Games perform very well and haven't lost that many frames as I thought I'd. Crysis 2 dips to ~40fps on my 580 sli but is definitely playable. Played some multi matches and for the 1st time since beta I had trouble aiming due to the sheer size of this thing.
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #1,701 of 4,134
Quote:
Dell U3011. This thing is MASSIVE. Been stuck w/ 24" for 4 years and thought it was about time to upgrade. Now that I have tasted the euphoria of 2560x1600, 24" looks like a kindergarten playground. My old U2410 is now an auxillary screen. Games perform very well and haven't lost that many frames as I thought I'd. Crysis 2 dips to ~40fps on my 580 sli but is definitely playable. Played some multi matches and for the 1st time since beta I had trouble aiming due to the sheer size of this thing.
biggrin.gif

Are you keeping the U2410?

Nov 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #1,709 of 4,134

Quote:
Really wish I could ride to work but I can't handle the distance twice a day.

I met a guy about a month ago who commutes 30 miles each way to work everyday. It's mostly flat except he lives on top of a pretty decent hill climb. I can't imagine having ridden 30 miles, worked all day, ridden another 27 and then riding up that hill at the end of the day. His wife still has a car, but he sold his last year after trying it out for awhile. Crazy dedication!

I would like to ride to work, but as an IT contractor I have to be able to get to a client site as quickly as possible in the case of an emergency and my starting point isn't always from home. Wouldn't really work out logistically.

Nov 2, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #1,710 of 4,134
That would be my ride (roughly) per day as well...and I live on a hill. He's more dedicated than I am. 

I think mine would be closer to 20 a day with a hill climb, but still...

Quote:
I met a guy about a month ago who commutes 30 miles each way to work everyday. It's mostly flat except he lives on top of a pretty decent hill climb. I can't imagine having ridden 30 miles, worked all day, ridden another 27 and then riding up that hill at the end of the day. His wife still has a car, but he sold his last year after trying it out for awhile. Crazy dedication!

I would like to ride to work, but as an IT contractor I have to be able to get to a client site as quickly as possible in the case of an emergency and my starting point isn't always from home. Wouldn't really work out logistically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back