Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Feb 7, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #3,723 of 4,134

Just got this yesterday. The Harman Kardon Aura Airplay/Bluetooth/Dlna speaker. Got the ONLY ONE available at my local Apple store. Apparently these speakers aren't widely available according to the salesperson because they are just newly released in February 2014 and mostly only available for preorder online.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #3,724 of 4,134

Go, go EV power. :)

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #3,725 of 4,134

Go, go EV power.
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats, mate!

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #3,726 of 4,134
  How do you like the tripod?? 

I actually should invest in one, for my current rig and future cameras as well :frowning2:

If you have the money for it I definitely recommend getting a Gitzo tripod... it'll last forever.  I have a carbon fiber Gitzo GT1544T Traveler and love it.  If you don't have or want to spend that kind of money on a tripod (I don't blame you) then just look for something as light as possible (if it's for travel) and with as few sections as possible... generally I find that the more sections a tripod has the more susceptible it will be to not being stable.  Plus the more sections there are, the longer it'll take to set it up and take it down... it may seem like a little thing but to me there's a big difference between say a 4 or 5 section tripod.  Anyway, just something to think about if you're in the market for a tripod...

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #3,727 of 4,134
@tangfj thanks man, I actually do need to get one eventually. At the moment, I sold off my sigma 35mm to buy a fuji x100s. I've realized it was a hassle for me to lug my 20D around, so I didn't take as many pictures as I normally would when I go out. 

I do plan later on to get a full size dslr, I might try Nikon out or stick with Canon. 

sigh, so many hobbies but not enough money >.<

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #3,729 of 4,134
Thanks, I nearly cancelled the order half a dozen times, but I'm glad I went through with it, it's a cool car.

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3,730 of 4,134
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #3,731 of 4,134
It's the S Performance Plus with the 85kW battery.

BTW, if anyone else buys one, lease the battery pack. It's a much better value than buying one outright.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #3,732 of 4,134
how's the acceleration (especially at highway speeds)?  How's the range with normal driving versus "having fun"...???

I have a C6 vette that's modified and a joy but I wouldn't mind having something like this as a fun daily driver (Vette is my daily at the moment).  What was the price out the door on one of these with the performance battery?

What do you mean about leasing the battery versus buying it outright?  My understanding was the batteries are built into the chassis.  Cool ride once again.

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #3,733 of 4,134
My most recent significant purchase, the baby Krell (S-300i). No headphone socket (BOO! HISS!), but I'm sorted for that anyway. Sounds wonderful when fully warmed up, and the remote control can double as an offensive weapon.

Feb 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #3,734 of 4,134
how's the acceleration (especially at highway speeds)?  How's the range with normal driving versus "having fun"...???

I have a C6 vette that's modified and a joy but I wouldn't mind having something like this as a fun daily driver (Vette is my daily at the moment).  What was the price out the door on one of these with the performance battery?

What do you mean about leasing the battery versus buying it outright?  My understanding was the batteries are built into the chassis.  Cool ride once again.

The acceleration is... biblical. The instant power (throttle response) is unlike anything with a gas engine. Otherwise, I'd put its general performance on a level similar to a C6 Z06. Those videos of it beating an M5 in the 1/4 mile are real. The price is kind of the "catch", it was a hair over $108k, w/ incentives. However, since I was also shopping a European estate, the E63 AMG Wagon, because they have similar cargo space, I actually ended up saving some money (and Mercedes told me I would have to wait 8 months for an E63).

The battery pack is swappable, in fact they're talking about a battery swap program for people driving across country, stations where they can change the whole battery in 10-15 minutes rather than wait 8 hours for a full charge. It's accessible by removing the skid and protection plates under the car. Not something a customer could do by themselves, I'm sure, but on a rack a couple of guys could get it done without much trouble. As for the lease, the price for buying the battery outright was... shocking, as in disproportionately high, and since batteries are an expendable, and while on that lease they'll swap them for free when/if they go bad, it seemed like the logical choice.

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #3,735 of 4,134
gotcha that's awesome!  My ride is an 11 second car so I'm used to a hard pull but I've seen some of those videos it's impressive.  Keep us updated.  Care to shoot an acceleration video some time?  What's the maintenance on a car like this?  How much are the batteries to buy/lease if you don't mind me asking?  You can PM me it if you don't want to say in the forum.  I'm just curious and may grab one of these down the road.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back