Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 8, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #3,752 of 4,134
Mar 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #3,753 of 4,134

So many guitar players here!

It's nice to see!

I really wish I loved to play an instrument. I play the trumpet at the moment, but I do not enjoy it as none of the music I listen to utilizes a trumpet:frowning2:

I'm a trumpet player too. if you're not listening to anything that involves trumpet then you're seriously missing out a big chunk of amazing music there!!

You should check out the latest issue of Down Beat.  It's the brass issue.  Lots of trumpet talk.

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #3,754 of 4,134

So many guitar players here!

It's nice to see!

I really wish I loved to play an instrument. I play the trumpet at the moment, but I do not enjoy it as none of the music I listen to utilizes a trumpet:frowning2:

I'm a trumpet player too. if you're not listening to anything that involves trumpet then you're seriously missing out a big chunk of amazing music there!!

:/. I've tried to listen, its just boring to me(most of the time). I like Miles Davis Kind Of Blue, but thats about it..

Mar 9, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #3,756 of 4,134

:/. I've tried to listen, its just boring to me(most of the time). I like Miles Davis Kind Of Blue, but thats about it..

Try 'Miles Davis' My Funny Valentine'  album
Try the Star Wars soundtracks. The brass section of the London Symphony Orchestra are breathtaking in their playing on those albums.

If you find all the above boring then I can't see any reason for you to be playing the trumpet!

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #3,757 of 4,134

Try 'Miles Davis' My Funny Valentine'  album

Try the Star Wars soundtracks. The brass section of the London Symphony Orchestra are breathtaking in their playing on those albums.

If you find all the above boring then I can't see any reason for you to be playing the trumpet!

Parents.

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #3,758 of 4,134
Try some older Louis Armstrong recordings, "satch blows the blues" comes to mind. Also try some Sidney Bechet stuff, it's worth a listen.

Mar 9, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #3,759 of 4,134
In my next life, I'm coming back as a lead trumpeter with a hot salsa band.  Chicks!
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #3,760 of 4,134
Since folks are posting guitars. :) The Rickenbacker I bought arrived on friday, a `99 Model 381/12v69 in natural Mapleglo. It's my first electric 12 (first 12, period) and the sound is otherworldly.

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #3,762 of 4,134
Since folks are posting guitars.
smily_headphones1.gif
The Rickenbacker I bought arrived on friday, a `99 Model 381/12v69 in natural Mapleglo. It's my first electric 12 (first 12, period) and the sound is otherworldly.

Wow man. I'm going to leave the photo in this quote because it deserves two posts. :wink: Congrats! My good friend has a very similar Rick (possibly the exact same year too) but its not 12-string and it has the darker finish. You've got a helluva beautiful guitar there!

Nice! I used to own a Rick 4003 bass, it was awesome :)

Me too! Except I still have mine! :) I bought a 4003 with the money I made in my first job at age 15. They were only $1k back then (about 1997). Mine has the same Mapleglo finish as Magick Man's 12-string.

Ricks are just the coolest. :)

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #3,763 of 4,134
Since folks are posting guitars.
smily_headphones1.gif
The Rickenbacker I bought arrived on friday, a `99 Model 381/12v69 in natural Mapleglo. It's my first electric 12 (first 12, period) and the sound is otherworldly.

I can't play any kind of guitar but they are fun to look at. Not sure if it's a bit of apathy, but so few guitars make me think "wow". This one does. Very beautiful.

Mar 14, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #3,764 of 4,134
"significant' to me at least

Track admission and my 11 second time slip for the Corvette (on street tires).  Woohoo! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #3,765 of 4,134

So as you can tell I've been going ham on vape stuff (have more in the mail, too).

Today's purchases are an Omega (HCigar Clone) RDA, igo-w5 RDA, Kayfun 3.1 (HCigar Clone) RBA, and an igo-w3 RDA (not pictured).

I didn't get a chance to build the igo3 yet because I'm on vacation and ran out if wire. But I built the other 3.

Omega (0.5ohm 28g)
Igo5 (0.5ohm 28g)
Kayfun (1.2ohm 28g)

Kayfun @ 15watts on the VTR is amazing, but I have my eye on a DNA 30 mod soon. Hopefully a Hana v3. Omega RDA is ******* insane. The air holes are huge stock and that means massive clouds. Pain to build on though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back