Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Feb 22, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #827 of 4,134
Feb 22, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #828 of 4,134

Quote:
Where do you find those, and how much are they?

the first, (ms1) says "R&M headcase" i got those alessandro with the case from the FS forums here, dont know about the case.
and the second is a "Vilaibhan Grado Headphone Case" they go in ebay for 20$, is bigger but also has a bag for the player inside.

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #832 of 4,134
Ohana-sk35g.jpg

My "everyday" uke. Ohana SK-35G, lovely value for money.

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #835 of 4,134
It's pretty cool, actually.  I haven't pushed it to 11 yet, but it has plenty of authority and is crystal clear.  I hooked my TT up to it to see how the aux input performs.  While it wasn't as warm as my receiver/speaker setup, it was a lot more weighty and powerful sounding.  The only problem with it---and this is a pretty big problem--is that you can't control the unit without the remote (except to turn it on or play with the volume).  The lower models have surface touch controls; I'd imagine that Geneva will add this feature to future models.

You can get details on the model by going to genevalab.com .  The model is the XL.  They used to make a model called the XXL, which looked pretty cool, but they're becoming hard to find and are no longer on the company website.  

Quote:
This is siiiiiick! More details on this please..

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #836 of 4,134
Vintage, Pioneer Monitor 10

Feb 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #839 of 4,134

Quote:
I saw one in the FS forums yesterday and felt tempted but manage to hold my self 
rolleyes.gif

I am eagerly awaiting for your impressions in this one sir.

Will do, but after the weekend; going to spend this weekend in London.

Got the monitors today, they're in acceptabel condition, pads allright, but they have a lot of scatches and all. They sound fine though and I payed a lot less then 150 usd for them (way too high price)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back