Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jan 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #2,913 of 4,134
Quote:
TEAC UD-H01 DAC. Yay! TOSLink!

Any quick impressions of the Teac Dac? Was gonna check one out a while ago, they're cheaper now in the uk than when they first came out so it looks like a bargain! 

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #2,914 of 4,134
Quote:
Any quick impressions of the Teac Dac? Was gonna check one out a while ago, they're cheaper now in the uk than when they first came out so it looks like a bargain! 

Pretty nice. It's a mostly plastic case, but still feels solid and substantial. USB(Async or not) requires some drivers for smooth running. Makes a slightly irritating clicking noise when you change sample rate or source though. Headphone amp section is ok, but I haven't really used it aside from a quick listen.

Easily worth the £149 I paid at Richer Sounds. :)

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #2,915 of 4,134
Quote:
Pretty nice. It's a mostly plastic case, but still feels solid and substantial. USB(Async or not) requires some drivers for smooth running. Makes a slightly irritating clicking noise when you change sample rate or source though. Headphone amp section is ok, but I haven't really used it aside from a quick listen.

Easily worth the £149 I paid at Richer Sounds. :)

Thanks, yup I've bought some great bargains from R Sounds over the years. Teac have always made quality gear but there is stiff competition for them with items like this. Does seem like a bargain though.

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #2,916 of 4,134
Quote:
Thanks, yup I've bought some great bargains from R Sounds over the years. Teac have always made quality gear but there is stiff competition for them with items like this. Does seem like a bargain though.

It was between the Audioengine D1, Arcam rLink and the TEAC for me. The TEAC just happened to match my Asgard nicely so I jumped at it. I may still pick up a D1 for the laptop in a couple months, although I don't really take my laptop anywhere.

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #2,917 of 4,134
Quote:
It was between the Audioengine D1, Arcam rLink and the TEAC for me. The TEAC just happened to match my Asgard nicely so I jumped at it. I may still pick up a D1 for the laptop in a couple months, although I don't really take my laptop anywhere.

Haven't heard the D1 or Rlink but I've tried quite a few dacs in the bugdet to mid-price range and the best bargain I would recommend is the original Vdac (through optical) it really is quality for the price especially if you can get one 2nd hand for less than £100. My Rdac just beats it with a smidge more finesse and realism (at the cost of a little attack) but there is not much in it. The early Beresford 7510 are always worth a go too and can be got for as little as £60-70 on fleabay, very punchy with great bass.   

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #2,918 of 4,134
Yamaha A-S300
images

Jan 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #2,919 of 4,134
Quote:

First ever power cable and speaker cable purchases. In anticipation from my last post in this thread. 

Emotiva 2m stereo pair and one of their power cables. Probably shoulda bought the 2 meter power cable (I got 1m), but it'll be fine.

I can't believe how good these cables look/feel for the price. Not sure why I'd need anything beyond this stuff cables wise. They much more flexible than I expected them to be which is a big plus. 

The speaker cables have a unique feature as well. They come with both spade and banana 'screw on' adapters. Meaning you can swap the ends at any time. 

Those are sexy, do they make any difference in sound to you?

Quote:
they are delicious.

Fixed 
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #2,920 of 4,134
Yamaha A-S300
images

Was considering one if these for my incoming Harbeths but the Leben got me. Love the looks of these units so much.

Those are sexy, do they make any difference in sound to you?

Can't use them yet. :D While curious as to whether I'll hear a difference or not I've never believed in cables I've tried in the past. No difference.

I make cable purchases for 'piece of mind' and aesthetic reasons. These speaker cables look about a million time better than bare wire. :)

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #2,921 of 4,134
I love how yamaha is one of the only companies (McIntosh aside) who's products still look very similar to the ones they made 40 years ago.

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #2,922 of 4,134
Quote:

First ever power cable and speaker cable purchases. In anticipation from my last post in this thread. 

Emotiva 2m stereo pair and one of their power cables. Probably shoulda bought the 2 meter power cable (I got 1m), but it'll be fine.

I can't believe how good these cables look/feel for the price. Not sure why I'd need anything beyond this stuff cables wise. They much more flexible than I expected them to be which is a big plus. 

The speaker cables have a unique feature as well. They come with both spade and banana 'screw on' adapters. Meaning you can swap the ends at any time. 

Yes good choice.  I use their power cables, speaker cables, HDMI cables, Coax digital cables, RCA cables.  Pretty good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back