Post counts jumping around again
Aug 26, 2003 at 5:30 AM Post #17 of 52
I was unware that there were so many hanging or pregnant posts on Head-Fi...
rolleyes.gif

ed: Yaaay! I gained ~100 posts, putting me back as #9 poster...
biggrin.gif

(yeah, sad, I know... only a true Head-Fi addict would let their post-count influence their sense of self-worth)

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:36 AM Post #19 of 52
For some reason, I never realized I got up to the 350s in posts...maybe someone added to mine for no particular reason...
tongue.gif

< ...is hovering at about 300th most frequent poster
biggrin.gif
>

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:47 AM Post #20 of 52
My post count is still down a net 35 posts, but I am hovering at the 201st most frequent poster.

Edit: Bad math, make that a net 45 posts.

Aug 26, 2003 at 6:12 AM Post #22 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by strohmie
Woah, I'm stuck on my 358th post. Trippy...

I've noticed that it gets stuck on a number for only one post, then it start clicking again.
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 3:48 PM Post #24 of 52
Posts in Take It Outside no longer count toward post totals. Additionally, post/thread deletions were previously not reflected in post counts due to the method of most deletions (posts/threads were often moved to an unseen test forum as a form of deletion), and now the post counts have been adjusted for that, too.

Also, over the last several weeks I have received several complaints about the growing "useless post(s)" phenomenon (sentiments I completely understand), and so posts/threads/polls that are essentially, well, useless (like, for example, whether or not you refrigerate your peanut butter) will be moved to the Take It Outside Forum if they're not deleted by a moderator or posted there first. Should the denizens of Take It Outside have a problem with their forum being flooded with useless posts/threads, their sufficiently vocal nature will almost certainly make it known.

Aug 26, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
Also, over the last several weeks I have received several complaints about the growing "useless post(s)" phenomenon (sentiments I completely understand), and so posts/threads/polls that are essentially, well, useless (like, for example, whether or not you refrigerate your peanut butter) will be moved to the Take It Outside Forum if they're not deleted by a moderator or posted there first. Should the denizens of Take It Outside have a problem with their forum being flooded with useless posts/threads, their sufficiently vocal nature will almost certainly make it known.

Right ON Jude!
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 4:35 PM Post #26 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
Should the denizens of Take It Outside have a problem with their forum being flooded with useless posts/threads, their sufficiently vocal nature will almost certainly make it known.

I'm reminded of a favorite quote from Blazing Saddles:

"Mister Taggert...I know!!! Why don't we give him to MONGO"!!!

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:29 PM Post #28 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
we don't need no stinkin' post counts.
biggrin.gif

once you pass 1000 it is all immaterial.
biggrin.gif

Says YOU! That is easy for a guy to say that has as many posts as you do.

EDIT, I just lost 25 more
confused.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 6:48 PM Post #29 of 52
Wow, this time a just GAINED a good 140 posts. I had about 3650 yesterday, and now am over 3800 again. Cool.

Aug 26, 2003 at 6:53 PM Post #30 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
I'm reminded of a favorite quote from Blazing Saddles:

"Mister Taggert...I know!!! Why don't we give him to MONGO"!!!

i can't help but feel he might be talking about me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back