Post counts jumping around again
Aug 26, 2003 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

averydonovan

Headphoneus Supremus
I have now last another 20 posts in my post count. Anybody else notice this?

This now puts me up to about 65 lost posts in the last couple weeks. Doing a search for all posts by my username shows that I made 600 posts. And I still can't view different pages on the search results.

Edit: I know I couldn't have had 65 posts deleted, that's more than 10 percent of my total posts!

Edit2: I have also noticed that posts in the Take It Outside forum don't see to increase post count any for some reason.

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 52
Crap, it seems I have lost about 50 posts. Oh well.

EDIT: Just realized it was more than 80. Damn.

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:35 AM Post #4 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
I understand they mean nothing, but why even have them displayed if they're not going to be at all accurate?

I agree. Why does this happen?

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 52
Based on my empirical observations, sometimes when you post it won't count. But that's once in a while and only happening lately. One of the moderators said that they are still working on it. Probably due to the vBulletin upgrade/retrograde(?) that jude was talking about. I've just lost around 44.

eek.gif
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
Based on my empirical observations, sometimes when you post it won't count. But that's once in a while and only happening lately. One of the moderators said that they are still working on it. Probably due to the vBulletin upgrade/retrograde(?) that jude was talking about. I've just lost around 44.

eek.gif
confused.gif
tongue.gif

As I understand it, isn't the number supposed to be a count of posts Made?

Aug 26, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #7 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
I understand they mean nothing, but why even have them displayed if they're not going to be at all accurate?

Exactly. Searching for a users post shows how many posts they made, but not our post count. The two numbers should be the same.

Aug 26, 2003 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 52
Searching for my posts showed that I should have 396.

FYI, to search for your posts you go to search type your name under "Search by Username" then choose "Show results as posts" under "Search forum..."

Aug 26, 2003 at 3:42 AM Post #10 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog5145
Searching for my posts showed that I should have 396.

FYI, to search for your posts you go to search type your name under "Search by Username" then choose "Show results as posts" under "Search forum..."

Or just click the search button below that users post, or you can also search for all their posts from their profile.

Aug 26, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 52
Even better!

Aug 26, 2003 at 4:43 AM Post #12 of 52
People care about post counts? I learn something new every day...

Aug 26, 2003 at 4:45 AM Post #13 of 52
Woohoo! The posts I lost today were gained back in my post count. I need to stop posting today, and on any of my days off. I think I have 30 posts for today...

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:08 AM Post #14 of 52
I was just noticing that I lost all the posts I made since the last time
mad.gif

I went to bump the old thread about this most recent drop and it was closed. I am glad this thread is here. I think I lost between 20 and 30 posts since this morning.

Aug 26, 2003 at 5:13 AM Post #15 of 52
I still haven't gotten back the posts I lost during the first "Head-Fi Post Recount 2003". Hopefully we'll all get back our post counts, and the search function will work properly again too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back