My new, dramatically downsized, home rig:
60GB 5G iPod running Rockbox to my Millett Hybrid & woodied HF-1
1152498226_dscn3252.jpg

Very nice rig indeed.
cool.gif

Jul 11, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #846 of 1,639
Nice Pics Steve.
smily_headphones1.gif

Love what you did with your Zhaolu. I happen to have a master woodworker fixing up my things nice as well.
biggrin.gif

Here is some current pictures that Yorgi and RedLeader took at my meet this Saturday.
cool.gif

setup2.jpg

e5.jpg

setup.jpg

Jul 11, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #849 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Nice Pics Steve.
smily_headphones1.gif

Love what you did with your Zhaolu. I happen to have a master woodworker fixing up my things nice as well.

WOW! That is the nicest work I've seen! You really should insist on that guy for all your future woodworking needs, He's incredible!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oops, I just threw out my shoulder from patting myself on the back.
biggrin.gif

That really did turn out nice Jason. Let me know if you want to go through with the fine tuning soon. I hope the E6000 will come loose. I have an easy idea on fitting it into the trim slot. And the logo would be easy to sand away as well if you decide on a different one. In all honesty, I like that one, but I think just the wood would be stunning. What can I say Emily is right IMO.

Sweet setup PFKMan23.

Jul 12, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #852 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
WOW! That is the nicest work I've seen! You really should insist on that guy for all your future woodworking needs, He's incredible!

LOL, your modesty is overwhelming!
evil_smiley.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
That really did turn out nice Jason. Let me know if you want to go through with the fine tuning soon. I hope the E6000 will come loose. I have an easy idea on fitting it into the trim slot. And the logo would be easy to sand away as well if you decide on a different one. In all honesty, I like that one, but I think just the wood would be stunning. What can I say Emily is right IMO.

I'm starting to think that the wood by itself might be a little more classic myself. I'm not in a huge rush to get it 'fixed'. I think that if we shave a half a millimeter off the top and bottom it should fit in the groove. You were *very* close the first time.
cool.gif

PS. I didn't use that crazy E6000 stuff... just some allpurpose glue I had lying around. So, I should be able to get it off easy enough.

Jul 12, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #853 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Wow swt61 those are some damn good looking AKG K340! I love how the brown matches the wood perfectly.

I totally agree, at first I thought my eyes were playing tricks with the brown. Took a second look and yes they are brown. Fantastic work!

Jul 12, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #854 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
LOL, your modesty is overwhelming!
evil_smiley.gif
I'm starting to think that the wood by itself might be a little more classic myself. I'm not in a huge rush to get it 'fixed'. I think that if we shave a half a millimeter off the top and bottom it should fit in the groove. You were *very* close the first time.
cool.gif

PS. I didn't use that crazy E6000 stuff... just some allpurpose glue I had lying around. So, I should be able to get it off easy enough.

We don't even need to shave each side completely, just route a dato on each side about 1/16" deep and 1/32" wide (or half of the needed reduction on each side). That way the wood can stay the width it is, so it'll be more substantial around the CD tray opening. Hope that made sense.

And about that E6000, it's not cancer causing, that's crazy! Oh crap my arm just fell off! OK stick with the all purpose stuff.

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:05 AM Post #855 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
LOL
Steve man you are crazy - that is awesome!

Don't let that get out. I practice sanity every day. I should have it down pat soon. Thanks for the compliment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Wow swt61 those are some damn good looking AKG K340! I love how the brown matches the wood perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I totally agree, at first I thought my eyes were playing tricks with the brown. Took a second look and yes they are brown. Fantastic work!

Those aren't your run of the mill K340's. Those are a very special "turbo edition", yeah, yeah that's it turbo edition. Very expensive, just ask my wife, Morgan Fairchild. Yeah that's it Morgan fairchild.
cool.gif
(OK, it's just Krylon Fusion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back