Post a picture of your Headphone Rig.
Jul 12, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #856 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
And about that E6000, it's not cancer causing, that's crazy! Oh crap my arm just fell off! OK stick with the all purpose stuff.

That is the biggest bs I've ever heard.

"WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer."

That's the exact same label they put on the cat5e cables I bought a while back.. Apparently your supose to wash your hands after handling.. I'm sure a lot of network administrators are getting cancer, eh?

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #857 of 1,639
Quote:

Those aren't your run of the mill K340's. Those are a very special "turbo edition", yeah, yeah that's it turbo edition. Very expensive, just ask my wife, Morgan Fairchild. Yeah that's it Morgan fairchild.
cool.gif
(OK, it's just Krylon Fusion).

Seriously just krylon fusion? I'm not big on the modding scene, but thats just plain old spray paint right?

You made very good use of it
lambda.gif

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #858 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE

"WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer."

That's the exact same label they put on the cat5e cables I bought a while back.. Apparently your supose to wash your hands after handling.. I'm sure a lot of network administrators are getting cancer, eh?

Yet another reason to stay out of California..

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #859 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
Yet another reason to stay out of California..

I think there is a better chance you'll get cancer by eating fast food, or frozen food, but where are the labels in there stating the chemicals aren't safe? Haha.. :p.

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #860 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
Seriously just krylon fusion? I'm not big on the modding scene, but thats just plain old spray paint right?

You made very good use of it
lambda.gif

Yes and no. It's made to bond to plastic, and it doesn't need primer. It also is very durable. And yes it comes in a spray can and goes on like any other spray paint. Great product! And my wife really is Morgan Fairchild, I mean J-Lo. No, Morgan Fairchild, yeah that's it.

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #861 of 1,639
Quote:

that warning came on the cables for my Zen Micro, apparently they contain lead. So, I just handle the plastic bits, or wash my hands. if its that easy to be safe, why not?
tongue.gif

Jul 12, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #862 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
that warning came on the cables for my Zen Micro, apparently they contain lead. So, I just handle the plastic bits, or wash my hands. if its that easy to be safe, why not?
tongue.gif

If you don't wash your hands regularly, I think you probably will get sickness from something else, like all the germs stuck to your hands that you aren't eliminating becasue your not washing your hands. But hey, that's just what I think.

Jul 12, 2006 at 3:01 AM Post #863 of 1,639
Quote:

If you don't wash your hands regularly, I think you probably will get sickness from something else, like all the germs stuck to your hands that you aren't eliminating becasue your not washing your hands. But hey, that's just what I think.

Hey I think roosters in Siberia have bigger beaks than they do in Australia.

What? Huh? Excuse me? Oh there was a topic to this thread? Never mind.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 12, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #864 of 1,639
Quote:

Yes and no. It's made to bond to plastic, and it doesn't need primer. It also is very durable. And yes it comes in a spray can and goes on like any other spray paint. Great product! And my wife really is Morgan Fairchild, I mean J-Lo. No, Morgan Fairchild, yeah that's it.

I've never used Krylon fusion, but this sounds a lot like the vinyl dye spraypaints you can get in auto-parts shops. Do you have any idea how it compares? I'd much rather use Krylon than some generic stuff next time I decide to recolor anything plastic, if it works just as good.

Jul 12, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #865 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
I've never used Krylon fusion, but this sounds a lot like the vinyl dye spraypaints you can get in auto-parts shops. Do you have any idea how it compares? I'd much rather use Krylon than some generic stuff next time I decide to recolor anything plastic, if it works just as good.

Hey Fitz, I used to use Duplicolor vinyl dye spray paint for plastic parts before Krylon Fusion came along. The vinyl dye was very weather dependant. If it was too cold it came out blotchy, too hot it was too matt finished. And if you nicked it, it scratched the finish. The Krylon is superior in every way IMO. And it really is tough to scratch. Plus it's cheaper and easier to find, more color choices too. Check it out next time you're in Home Depot.

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #866 of 1,639
I just have to post an update. These are my new Darth Beyers, in Coco, with new Beyer leather earpads.

HomeRignew.jpg

Jul 21, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #867 of 1,639

My newly acquired Stax Omega II system (SR-007 & SRM-007t).
The iPod is only used as a temporary source...
smily_headphones1.gif

[size=xx-small]Sorry for the image quality, but my Sony Ericsson mobile could not do any better[/size]

Sep 23, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #869 of 1,639
cimg1541auq0.jpg

those K1Ks are looking pretty small...

that amp is more heatsink than amp (22 Kgs!) the toroid alone weighs in at 12.5 KG rated at 800 VA (judging from the pictures, an original F1 would have a 500VA one). the rest of the parts would come in at max .5 KG, so that means there's a good 9Kgs of aluminum in this monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back