Post a picture of your Headphone Rig.
Feb 8, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #392 of 1,639
Since I'm without an income right now, I'll have to wait to buy a nice rack for my audio goods. Til then, here's my setup

EAR-HPA1-Melos-Marantz.JPG

Same, with my HP-1s in an aluminum case, inside which I inserted 2 foam pads that I cut to fit the Grados. Nice and safe!

HP-1-EAR-HPA1-Melos-Marantz.JPG

[damn webhosting probs...

if anyone has any suggestions for a good place to host jpegs, ie one that will allow images to show up here at headfi, please let me know]

Darkfusion, you rule. thanks so much for the help!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #394 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by Snake
Hmm, those metal feet on your M200's are new to the design. Did you add them or did they come with them?

The M-200s came with the metal feet. They must have listened to the people who commented on the crappy feet that were on them before.

Feb 25, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #395 of 1,639
Some pics of my temporary setup :

4.jpg

Modified Philips cd753/Lenco L450 with AT95e - belden 89259 IC - pimeta - K340

And for the speakers :

1.jpg

3.jpg

Modified Philips cd753/Lenco L450 with AT95e - Rg179 IC - 2X Harman Kardon A401 - cat5 speakers wire - Wharfedale 8.1

Mar 21, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #399 of 1,639
Apr 5, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #400 of 1,639
playerandamp.JPG

player2.JPG

amp2.JPG

Biggie.

Apr 6, 2004 at 12:07 AM Post #401 of 1,639
Biggie,

What are the big tubes that the big amp uses?

Apr 6, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #402 of 1,639
Yeah, I love the IKEA LACK table. Lightweight and cheap!

I'm mixed IKEA and Costco with this one: The metal "legs" are from IKEA, the "wood" is actually bamboo serving boards from Costco. I've been stripping the mineral oil out of it (greasy greasy) and sealing it with polyeurethane gel varnish for a smoother satin finish.

K1000_Connector_Mod_01s.jpg

Still working on a better way to have my R10's there without hanging them (don't want to wear out the headband). Right now the R10's go where the K1000's cord is. With a piece of "egg crate" foam underneath.

BTW, the "legs" are not attached to the surface they are resting on, they have rubber feet so they grip and stay put.

I'm hoping to come up with a more stylish solution. But it works for now.

I am going to put small "legs" on the "platform" the Grace is on, so I can put something else underneath that as well.

I guess this is sort of a "nesting tables" approach.

-Ed

Apr 6, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #403 of 1,639
Ed,

How tall are those legs from Ikea? Do they have holes where you could attach the wood to them with some screws? How much were they? I ask as I need to elevate the new amp above the CDP below it, and I'm looking for a cheap, but effective alternative. If I buy just a block of wood or marble for it down here I won't need to use a lot of my weight allowance to the shelfing syste,. just a little for the metal legs. Marble and stone is pretty cheap here, and while it won't be super polished looking, it will be a cheap alternative.

Apr 6, 2004 at 12:39 AM Post #404 of 1,639
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Ed,

How tall are those legs from Ikea? Do they have holes where you could attach the wood to them with some screws? How much were they? I ask as I need to elevate the new amp above the CDP below it, and I'm looking for a cheap, but effective alternative. If I buy just a block of wood or marble for it down here I won't need to use a lot of my weight allowance to the shelfing syste,. just a little for the metal legs. Marble and stone is pretty cheap here, and while it won't be super polished looking, it will be a cheap alternative.

They are available in three lengths. 3-4", 6, and 10-12", I think. I have the two smaller ones. The 10-12" one is thicker than the smaller ones. You could make a small table with those.

I'll try to take better pics tonight. The legs are originally for cabinet feet. So they can support a lot of weight. It comes with screws and a plate with a threaded part to screw the leg onto. The plate is big, too big for my needs, so I'm going to cut as much off as I can.

-Ed

Apr 6, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #405 of 1,639
Ed,

These sound like just the ticket for a cheap isolation platform for me. I will keep looking for some sturdy legs like those, but with closer to 14" of height. That way the tubes in the CDP have plenty of space to breathe and stay cool. With some decent isolation cones underneath a wood or granite base this will save me a lot of weight and money.

Thanks Ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back