Post A Picture Of Your Daily Trip Essentials!
Jun 12, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #16 of 36
I like the idea of this thread. Just took me a while to get a pic together. Sorry for the horrible quality...bad lighting in the room and it's too late to compensate.

School essentials:

IMG_2381-1.jpg

1. northface borealis in charcoal
2. nintendo ds lite gold edition
3. grado sr60 in bcase
4. nano supermini IV se530 rig
5. thinkpad x61s + 8 cell batt and echo indigo dj
6. tom bihn vertical soft cell
7. vx nano mouse
8. LG voyager phone

Purse-fi/ summer/ out and about essentials

IMG_2383-1.jpg

1. Coach monogram small signature - movado classic museum watch in there too.
2. cowon d2 and ue5c
3. coach monogram signature wallet with house key
4. LG voyager
5. bare essentials powder and covergirl plumscicle

more techy than girly..

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #18 of 36
phone, wallet, a bag with school stuff in it, maybe a deodorant and sometimes an iPod for the bus.

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #19 of 36
From most important to least:
-Wallet
-Keys
-Pocket watch
-Zune with IEM
-Phone

But I do try to bring them all. If I'm in a big hurry I might forget some of those starting by the bottom.

For my part is the 2 pockets check, everything fits in my front two pockets (IEM around the neck plugged in my Zune, I certainly don't want to break those)

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #21 of 36
If I'm not carrying a bag, I always have:

Keys, wallet, cell phone (currently SE w810i), and sometimes a Leatherman Wave

When I have my messenger bag with me, which is 90% of the time, my bag contains (at least):

Leatherman Wave
Moleskine notebook
A small pencil case with my essential pencils and pens (most noteably, always an oldschool Rotring 600 series drafting pencil)
iPod
ER-4P, UM2 or both
A metal water bottle
Occasionally a hip flask with some scotch (usually in the winter)
At least one book, often a small math text of some kind
Two condoms
Gum

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #22 of 36
Don't have any pictures, but here is what I carry to work with me 5 days/per each and every week:

Nintendo DS + MD real loaded with 60ish games.
ASUS eeePC.
eeePC Power supply.
250GB Western Digital Passport.
Logitech Nano Mouse.
USB Bluetooth Dongle.
LG10000 Voyager.
Denon D2000s.
Whatever I am eating for lunch that day.
Camelbak water bottle.
Spyderco Delica Wave.
2 USB drives.
Work Security Badge.
Car Keys.
Several Pens, Paper, Ruler, Highlighters.
Leatherman tool (forget the model - little guy).
Wallet.
Tweezers.
Pill Capsule case with some sort of pills in it, LOL.
Carry it all in a Maxpedition bag (except for the knife - it is clipped to my pants pocket).

I am sure I am missing something. I am like Inspector freakin' Gadget.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
moz-screenshot.jpg
ist2_816436_colorful_condoms.jpg

I'm single, what else is there to say?

You should have a few more set up as the Olympic Rings....lol

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #28 of 36
2574719648_7f1ab33221_b.jpg

Row 1: Chrome Citizen - I purchased this in San Francisco in the summer of 2005. It's been with me through hell and back.

Row 2:
Henry Miller Tropic of Cancer - I've read this at least a dozen times. It's why I understand women.

Moleskine Weekly Planner - I hate Outlook calenders. Ink and paper are how I roll.

Ray Ban Wayfarers - Because I used to think I was Benjamin Braddock.

Innertube, CO2 inflator, tire levers - because DC streets are lined with glass and dirty hypodermic needles.

Pit stick - so I don't smell like a hippie. I hate hippies.

Vans - I ride clipless pedals and switch to shoes when I get to the office so I don't sound like I'm crunching walnuts when I walk to the water cooler.

Row 3
USB cable - I mainly use it to charge my phone on nights I don't come home. No one ever has a specific phone charger, but most everyone has a spare USB port.

iPod 60gb - I mainly listen to this via my PC at the office, but I do occasionally take the metro, and it comes in handy for that.

Motorola Q Smartphone - Impulse eBay purchase when my old phone crapped out. It made my monthly phone bill go up by like $60 because now I feel compelled to check my email every 10 seconds. I just want to fit in in this city.

Garmin Edge 305 Cycling GPS - I really only use this on long rides to track mileage and monitor speed and cadence when training. Here's 150 miles I did last weekend: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5925611

Keys/Bottle opener - I didn't go to GW, but I drink there. A lot.

Card case - I don't use a traditional wallet. I tend to stuff those with receipts for money I used have. After a while, I'd have a leather football in my back pocket. This made sitting down problematic.

Micro Mag-Lite - I carry this because I often drop small things in dark places. Nah, who am I kidding. I'm a burgler.

Tiny screw driver - for taking things apart. Seldom do I ever return them to their assembled state. I should probably get another screw driver for that.

Walz Cycling Cap - the pinnacle of hipster bike courier chic (traditionally worn under my helmet, visible only when I'm not on my bike)

So there you have it.

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:24 PM Post #29 of 36
Thread resurrection action! I was just gonna post a thread on this topic, but I decided to search first. Yay me. Anyone else wanna join in and tell us what you carry around daily?

Bare minimum: Card holder (no cash), keys, iPod Touch, Denon C551/AKG K26P, cellphone (often forgotten...), Faber-Castell 2011 mechanical pencil/9000 Perfect Pencil
Try to have with me (in cloth sling bag): Large Moleskine unlined notebook, book to read, Swiss army knife, 4GB USB drive.

Sep 19, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #30 of 36
rucksack, pens, wallet, keys, nokia 1112, gerber shortcut, waterproof jacket, hp ipaq 214 (hate it, replacing it soon sometime).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back