Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Jan 4, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #1,174 of 5,380

I've been lurking long enough so here's a few phone shots of my table.  Ran a humble 1200-M3D for many years, but this is my first belt-drive TT.  Still keep a pair of 1200's around for the dirty LPs and mixing for fun.

Hi-Five

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #1,175 of 5,380
Rega P5
IMG_2402.jpg

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #1,176 of 5,380
Beautiful Classic, Hi-five!

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #1,178 of 5,380
Quote:

I've been lurking long enough so here's a few phone shots of my table.  Ran a humble 1200-M3D for many years, but this is my first belt-drive TT.  Still keep a pair of 1200's around for the dirty LPs and mixing for fun.

Hi-Five

Awesome!

I have that same cart on my Scoutmaster, that is, if that's the low output model. How do you like it?

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #1,179 of 5,380
Quote:
Beautiful Classic, Hi-five!

Thanks Skylab, I love this table more and more every day.  Only about two months old so far.

Quote:
I noticed the Decware first. lol

What the heck is spinning there?

Heh, yeah I need to take a better shot of the Decware 'trio for the Decware thread.
The LP is "periphery" by "the seven fields of aphelion" (ambient / electronic), i like the neon splatter on clear vinyl!
Quote:

Awesome!

I have that same cart on my Scoutmaster, that is, if that's the low output model. How do you like it?

I love this cart!  It's the High Output version as I had all MM or HOMC with my Technics.  I haven't auditioned other carts on the Classic as it takes a while to dial it all in, but I'm hoping to scrape up the cash to get a 2nd armtube at some point for easy swaps.  I don't know if it is the wholesale upgrade from my 1200 to the Classic or the cartridge change (AT150MLX to DV20X2), but the low end really came into the picture.  The 20X2 seems to have a little less sparkle than the AT150 did, but this is all from memory and not a direct compare.  All in all I like the Dynavector very, very much and find it to be a well-balanced fit for my setup.  Any occasional groove distortion is long gone with the 10" tonearm of the VPI too!

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #1,180 of 5,380
Sounds like my kind of music, actually. Might check it out.

Quote:
Thanks Skylab, I love this table more and more every day.  Only about two months old so far.

Heh, yeah I need to take a better shot of the Decware 'trio for the Decware thread.

The LP is "periphery" by "the seven fields of aphelion" (ambient / electronic), i like the neon splatter on clear vinyl!

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #1,181 of 5,380
Quote:
Happy late-night New Years' listening! 

Very nice pic and setup.
May I ask what that Sony seperate is underneath???
And Do I see Wood side panels?

Jan 5, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #1,183 of 5,380
Quote:
Very nice pic and setup.
May I ask what that Sony seperate is underneath???
And Do I see Wood side panels?

Thanks. It's a mid-90's GX909ES reciever. Their ES gear (Sony's top-of-the-line for that era) featured rosewood side panels. It took me several months to find a nice one, and I plan to hang on to it until I have the money (and space) to move to a full seperates system. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back