Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Aug 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #721 of 5,380
My sony PS-Q7 wich i actually got from my dad like 2 years ago when i bought a Metallica Black Album LP just because im a huge fan. This thing was in the top drawer of the closet in its original box and i was like :O but the needle had to be replaced after that i cant say much about it is great. 

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #722 of 5,380
I suppose I'll pop in with another question--do any of you rip your vinyl? I'm hearing odd artifacts in the rips, which I can probably attribute to the soundcard on my Mac. At least I'm guessing. What else could it be?

I don't really know how to describe it, but it's like the sound at 39 seconds in this video. Exactly like the iphone tone called "digital."

Any help would be appreciated!

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #724 of 5,380
Quote:
My sony PS-Q7 wich i actually got from my dad like 2 years ago when i bought a Metallica Black Album LP just because im a huge fan. This thing was in the top drawer of the closet in its original box and i was like :O but the needle had to be replaced after that i cant say much about it is great. 

That's such a cool little player!

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #725 of 5,380
Aug 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #727 of 5,380
Quote:

Good spot! I'm ditching my ipod and getting one of these babies! I wonder if they make an arm band so I can use it while running...

Better get an long extension cord.

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #730 of 5,380
We need some more pics here, people 
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #731 of 5,380
Aug 18, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #732 of 5,380
Quote:
We need some more pics here, people 
biggrin.gif

*SNIP*

Yeah i would love to post a picture of mine but it is yet to be delivered so bad luck on my part but as soon as i get it and set it up and decide weather or not i like vinyl then i will post a picture of my (hopefully new pride and joy) turntable.

Aug 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #733 of 5,380
Quote:

Yeah i would love to post a picture of mine but it is yet to be delivered so bad luck on my part but as soon as i get it and set it up and decide weather or not i like vinyl then i will post a picture of my (hopefully new pride and joy) turntable.

Which turntable did you get?

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #734 of 5,380
Quote:
So Pretty!

Thanks!  The one thing I don't like about most TTs out today is that they don't come with a dust cover.  Dust can be a real PITA when it piles up on the platter and plinth.  Any small gust of wind kicks it all up, and it ends up on the record.  I've actually thought about selling this one and trying out a Rega or Pro-Ject, or even a Music Hall.  I used to own the MMF-5.1 before I got this Clearaudio, and I miss the dust cover greatly.  There are companies that sell custom made dust covers, but the prices last time I looked were around $300, which is absolutely asinine for a clear fiberglass dustcover.  I'll get an entirely new turntable before I spend that much on a dust cover.

Aug 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #735 of 5,380
Right around $230 for a Dust Cover. I wouldn't go buying a new TT just for a friggin dust cover. It the grand scheme of things it's not that much and chances are your new table wouldn't be up to snuff...but you'd have a dustcover...

Check Audiogon. That's where I'll be getting mine when my Notts comes in.

Quote:
Thanks!  The one thing I don't like about most TTs out today is that they don't come with a dust cover.  Dust can be a real PITA when it piles up on the platter and plinth.  Any small gust of wind kicks it all up, and it ends up on the record.  I've actually thought about selling this one and trying out a Rega or Pro-Ject, or even a Music Hall.  I used to own the MMF-5.1 before I got this Clearaudio, and I miss the dust cover greatly.  There are companies that sell custom made dust covers, but the prices last time I looked were around $300, which is absolutely asinine for a clear fiberglass dustcover.  I'll get an entirely new turntable before I spend that much on a dust cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back