Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Jul 10, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #107 of 5,383
Nice cart.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
New member here!

Thought I'd contribute...

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #108 of 5,383
^ Fantastic LP that Whipped Cream & Other Delights.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #109 of 5,383

Quote:
Pro-Ject Xperience Classic Olivewood with Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 cartridge and Bren1 record clamp

This is such a nice looking deck that I had to bump it to the next page.

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #111 of 5,383
Quote:Originally Posted by Skylab 

"Ross, Pink Floyd was MADE to be played on Vinyl"

Speaking of which, I wonder how the new remasters will turn out? Seriously though if/when I can set aside the sizable budget to go analog I really want the Scout or Scout II. My problem will be matching the cart and phono pre with it as I fall on the more analytic than musical side of preferences.

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #113 of 5,383
Quote:
This is such a nice looking deck that I had to bump it to the next page.

Quote:
Clayton, my man, you have good taste.

Thanks to all. And a wallet that's about to create mutiny.

Quote:
I agree! My dad had it when I was growing up and I used to play it all the time. This one is a new 180 gram remaster.
That carbon fiber tonearm of yours would look good over it...

I've only heard the original LP. It's not in the best shape but sounds better than the CD. I should pick up that 180-gram remaster. Brass instruments sound the best on vinyl. It's as if The Tijuana Brass was actually in the room with me.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #115 of 5,383

Quote:
Sweetness!

Being a Sonata owner myself, I'm curious what phono stage you've paired it with?

An NAD PP-2i. Nothing fancy, but it definitely gets the job done. What are your experiences with phono stages and this cartridge?

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #117 of 5,383
^ Holy S!
It looks like a secret weapon.
Does this thing fly and evade radar signals?
Beautiful...

Jul 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #118 of 5,383
I've had mine for many years, in fact I just looked at the receipt and it says 8/27/98, and I got it for $331!  I think the guy rang me up for a Prestige.  

Back then while I was in college I paired it with an Anthem Integrated 1, the baby Sonic Frontiers company.  I used it with speakers.  Then I borrowed a Sonic Frontiers phono amp and that set the standard.  Then I went to a Rega Brio integrated, and just listened to the music instead of worrying about equipment.  The Brio powered B&W 302 speakers and I was loving it.

Now, I'm considering a PS Audio GCPH.  I keep reading it's great, and great for the money, and the next step up is considerably more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back