Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Aug 22, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #4,158 of 5,379
I did know that. :rolleyes: I can sing beautifully, it's just the way it comes out of my throat that is so awful. :D
Here's another enigma: my racingbike is a Rose (in dutch=pink) yet it's matte white. I like to buy smart.

on topic

Here's one more, different pink

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #4,159 of 5,379
Hi all!

i'm very glad to post those 2 pictures of my 1st turntable system ever!

i hesitated for months, and wasn't sure if this way of enjoying music was for me.

Well, yesterday i bought:

1. Pro-Ject rpm 1 carbon
2. Pro-Ject Tube Box DS
3. 4 records! 

I also bought a brush, ordered a cork mat, and a clamp.

here a the pictures!

I'm absolutely delighted!

Aug 28, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #4,160 of 5,379
As you should be.  Congratulations!

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #4,161 of 5,379
  Hi all!

i'm very glad to post those 2 pictures of my 1st turntable system ever!

i hesitated for months, and wasn't sure if this way of enjoying music was for me.

Well, yesterday i bought:

1. Pro-Ject rpm 1 carbon
2. Pro-Ject Tube Box DS
3. 4 records! 

I also bought a brush, ordered a cork mat, and a clamp.

here a the pictures!

I'm absolutely delighted!

Very cool!! congratulations!

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #4,163 of 5,379
Very nice!

You "found" it?

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #4,165 of 5,379
That Sota is really awesome. Although I associate finding rather with a dusty attic or the forgotten top shelf of some old store closing up, for free or bargain basement price. This looks very well taken care of.

Talking of finds: yesterday there was a bunch of new stuff coming in at the charity thriftstore. I found some very nice LP's in excellent condition. Firts edition Columbia 10", HMV ALP, London LL, a Vox box, RCA's (dynagroove). Some were deemed 'unworthy' but I rescued them from the garbage. Ranging in genre from What to WTH... let's try it first. That's how I found Amalia Rodrigues the first time; a true fado gem!
So yesterday evening I played Rhoda Scott (on Barclay). That was in the category OMG... Hammond Organ! :basshead: The funky way! And fun too.
Peter Nero, mono Dynagroove. Sound: outstanding. Genre: Jazz/classic crossover with stand-up undertones. A lot of fun to listen to.
Amalia Rodrigues: don't underestimate those 10" discs. Very fine sound, although mono. A true sense of (timemachine) presence. Just like the Mozart Figaro Karajan 10".
I haven't listened to the other musical/operette freebees yet.

Today I went to another one, and they had new stuff too. Since I already spent €10 yesterday I intended not to buy much, but they had some serious jazz records. For the first time ever, that I remember. They were less cheap @ €3, but still a 'find'. And 3 French Decca LXT and HMV (LVdsM) and a nice Philips mono plum label. So again €10. But I just couldn't leave them behind.

I find this quite a lot of finds in 2 days. :D

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #4,166 of 5,379
That's a fabulous haul!  Love Rhoda Scott but then, I'm a jazz organ nut.
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #4,167 of 5,379
Speaking of jazz organ, this came out new in 2010.  I'm sure it's a digital master but WTH, I like it anyway.  The Doctor is one of my fav B3 masters.

Here's another digital master on vinyl of the great Joey D.

Oct 18, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #4,168 of 5,379
Garrard 440M
I couldn't pass it up for $20. It doesn't sound nearly as good as my lowly Realistic linear tracker. Though all i did with the Garrard is look at the stylus with a microscope and plug it in. I think its in amazing shape to be 40 years old. I don't know that I'll keep it. I'll probably gift it to a friend as a starter table.

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #4,169 of 5,379
Looks like an automatic disc changer? And you can play 78's. And it looks in very good condition. Amazingly good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back