Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Aug 12, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #4,142 of 5,383
Looking for a new angle. I was preparing some of my overstock for sale when I found this nice emerald colored Bad Company bootleg. You would almost think it's a McIntosh with that colour. It difficult colour to display on my monitor with the intense blue-green, but I think it should be ok as desktop. This time a tried a fill-in flash too. Hope you like. :D

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #4,143 of 5,383
Well done, jeep!

Aug 13, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #4,144 of 5,383
Looking for a new angle. I was preparing some of my overstock for sale when I found this nice emerald colored Bad Company bootleg. You would almost think it's a McIntosh with that colour. It difficult colour to display on my monitor with the intense blue-green, but I think it should be ok as desktop. This time a tried a fill-in flash too. Hope you like. :D

Wow

Aug 14, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #4,145 of 5,383
Anyone in for an overload of pink? :p

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #4,146 of 5,383
Anyone in for an overload of pink?
tongue.gif

Nope - unless it is a bike frame ...

Aug 15, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #4,147 of 5,383
Aug 15, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #4,148 of 5,383
Yeah but it's Colnago. Aren't they supposed to be pistachio icecream green?
No, as I changes all the lights on my system to magenta LED's (pink) I thought it might be an idea to try to shoot Madonna. I mean, that pink 'dancefloor' album. Maybe it's even more dancefloor than the cover?

So here it is. Just one from a series, but I think it's the most striking.

Mind you, this is straight honest photography with a steady hand. I only use Photoshop for minor colourcorrection, very minor 'smart sharpen', and crop/size. It's better to have a 'clean subject' than to photoshop everything afterwards (like, erm, Madonna :rolleyes:).

Aug 15, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #4,149 of 5,383
Yeah but it's Colnago. Aren't they supposed to be pistachio icecream green?
No, as I changes all the lights on my system to magenta LED's (pink) I thought it might be an idea to try to shoot Madonna. I mean, that pink 'dancefloor' album. Maybe it's even more dancefloor than the cover?

So here it is. Just one from a series, but I think it's the most striking.

Mind you, this is straight honest photography with a steady hand. I only use Photoshop for minor colourcorrection, very minor 'smart sharpen', and crop/size. It's better to have a 'clean subject' than to photoshop everything afterwards (like, erm, Madonna
rolleyes.gif
).

Nope, it is not a Colnago. Something way, way up in the archiarchy - a Mandarić . http://www.mandaric.com/

But I do like the Madonna theme pic(s). 

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #4,150 of 5,383
slightly offtopic, but while looking for coverart for my Furtwangler on EMI flacs I stumbled on a 1945 Beethoven Sym No 4 Coriolan Vienna Philharmonic on the Vox label. You can count yourself very fortunate if you have one in mint condition. To say the least. $500 for an unstated condition, $2000 for a mint on Ebay atm. :eek: A Turnabout reissue (I like Turnabout for it's usually a hidden treasure) only $10.

update... erm :rolleyes:
I just found the Turnabout reissue in my vinyl collection. I thought it looked familiar, I don't even have it that long. Well, the next listen I will be a lot more attentive.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #4,151 of 5,383
The
slightly offtopic, but while looking for coverart for my Furtwangler on EMI flacs I stumbled on a 1945 Beethoven Sym No 4 Coriolan Vienna Philharmonic on the Vox label. You can count yourself very fortunate if you have one in mint condition. To say the least. $500 for an unstated condition, $2000 for a mint on Ebay atm. :eek: A Turnabout reissue (I like Turnabout for it's usually a hidden treasure) only $10.

update... erm :rolleyes:
I just found the Turnabout reissue in my vinyl collection. I thought it looked familiar, I don't even have it that long. Well, the next listen I will be a lot more attentive.

The 4th is my favorite by far. The least loved by most in the 9. Not that I'm an expert but have had exposure to all of them for maybe 35 years.

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #4,153 of 5,383
Aug 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #4,154 of 5,383
SWEET!  Tell us more, please.

Thanks, Yeah the TT is an entry level Music Hall mmf2.2 w an acrylic platter, which I added the project speed box and Vincent audio phono preamp. All that is fed into what you see below... I now see the reason why vinyl has been making a comeback in a world of digitized audio.

I was debating whether to upgrade the cartridge to an AT440 or just save money and upgrade the TT itself. Then again I don't have much of a vinyl collection to make that move and see the value in that...

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #4,155 of 5,383
That's a very nice entry. :beerchug: And a nice system. Although (I dunno if I'm safe to say that here) playing vinyl over speakers works even better.

About the cartridge, in my experience, upgrading will give you more enjoyment but upgrading the turntable will show more tightness and refinement. But the new TT will need a new cart too eventually. And a new TT with a standard cart will sound better but misses the fun factor (related to a complete freq.spectrum) in my experience.
So my advice: just keep buying vinyl and build a nice collection until you can justify the upgrade to a better cart. And later, get a better TT after a few years. Then you will know what you missed and be all the more pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back