Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
May 10, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #4,006 of 5,379
Here's my old Glanz cartidge with Astatic stylus.

I was about to replace the Glanz cartridge with Ortofon OM10 but I got some hints from here and decided to try Astatic stylus. It fits perfectly and works even better than the old original Glanz stylus which I think was quite worn out.

May 10, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #4,010 of 5,379

Nice.  Maybe a Rega and maybe a VTL preamp.  Just a guess.

May 12, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #4,011 of 5,379
I guess.. 'that dog does hunt' :p

May 14, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #4,012 of 5,379
And this dog keeps hunting too. Or as we say, a stray dog always catches something. I'm really happy with the cream-gold Electrola and the Columbia Piaf.

And another place a whole collection of 10" classical records, almost all mono (handwritten on the front :rolleyes:) in very good shape and very clean. And in yet another place I found a mint DGG tulips box, an Epic and an EMI 10" (shaded dog), but those smell kind of funky. They had been stored in a moist (brick) shed for a while. The Dvorak 5 is srting to fall apart in the corner because of this.

And I found, yet another, minty testrecord. So I decided to make a picture of the whole collection. The last one was the one top right, don't mind lp #2, the test lp is very good. The Decca testalbum I found last week and is very nice. The 'Stereotest' (bottom right by Jan Kool) is very well regarded. But all of them can be a big help in setting up the system and TT in particular. The Hifi-News I bought at top $ price, the rest was all €1. I just bought them all to be able to help someone out, maybe later.

May 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #4,014 of 5,379
Great stuff!  Big fan of EMI period Fischer-Dieskau.

May 16, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #4,015 of 5,379
  Nice find!  Do you find one of the test records to stand out from the others in terms of setup?

The holy grail is JVC TRS 1007 and the rest from this series, followed by the CBS STR series.

There is a catch 22, though - one particular evening on ebay last year, I was offering total in excess of 1K for three discs I was after -  yet could not spend a dime. Whatever the amount , I got outbid in the last second (or less, obviously a bidding bot with unlimited funds ) - and my offer was more than twice higher than  the offer
of the honorary mention 3rd person.

May 16, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #4,016 of 5,379
And this dog keeps hunting too. Or as we say, a stray dog always catches something. I'm really happy with the cream-gold Electrola and the Columbia Piaf.

And another place a whole collection of 10" classical records, almost all mono (handwritten on the front
rolleyes.gif
) in very good shape and very clean. And in yet another place I found a mint DGG tulips box, an Epic and an EMI 10" (shaded dog), but those smell kind of funky. They had been stored in a moist (brick) shed for a while. The Dvorak 5 is srting to fall apart in the corner because of this.

And I found, yet another, minty testrecord. So I decided to make a picture of the whole collection. The last one was the one top right, don't mind lp #2, the test lp is very good. The Decca testalbum I found last week and is very nice. The 'Stereotest' (bottom right by Jan Kool) is very well regarded. But all of them can be a big help in setting up the system and TT in particular. The Hifi-News I bought at top $ price, the rest was all €1. I just bought them all to be able to help someone out, maybe later.

.....shall be out of window....
tongue.gif
 !

May 17, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #4,020 of 5,379
I still don't get it. :xf_eek: I will give the Decca a spin then.

But nonetheless, Analogsurviver, you could try to edit what you quote to be more clear about what you are aiming at. Especially in a photo-thread it's not funny to see large post continually integrally quoted. It's not that difficult or time-consuming, just a matter of discipline.

My preferred test-record is... none at all. :frowning2: They always manage to depress me with what my just acquired $$$$ cartridge won't do. One useful feature is a disc with a blank spot (grooveless) to set antiskating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back