Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Oct 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #2,431 of 5,383
Oh, sorry.

Just something I grabbed.  Pretty, ehh?

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #2,434 of 5,383

...like a dismantled vinyl factory!

Still picture of the off-center pressed record spinning on a TT  

is  WORTHLESS

Video is required - or audio recording ( "needledrop" ) of the offender doing its dirty deed. If and when I manage to somehow procure either a functional Naka TT or one that can be repaired/refurbished, I will at least be doing LOTS of needledrops. I promise a pic or two, too.

Until then, YT video of the big Naka with the arm of my choice, the Eminent Technology ET2 ( sadly, without vacuum platter ) : 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5O7ssQB4Y8

Close-up vid of the nitty-gritty : 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx3Glj2mKCs

The WORST record I have regarding off-center pressing?. Clearaudio TEST record....

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #2,437 of 5,383
There is a fly in this ointment - Naka TTs are not offered in actions at the end shelves of Hofer and Lidl in Europe, or their US counterparts ...

I don't know what this means, Hofer and Lidl? Actions at the end shelves?

LOL. Something ppl of outside the German retailing sphere don't understand. Lidl is a German low-budget supermarket with excellent products from non-A-label brands. No Procter and Gamble or Unilever there. And besides the normal stock they sell all sorts of stuff under their own brands on an incidental basis. Cheap and cheerfull, never rubbish. In the EU we have 2y guarantee by law.

I always buy my groceries at Lidl, and I always check the specials, but I've never seen a TT...

About excentre LP's: a sharp knife does the trick. Just cut out the hole a little bit to the proper side. Place your record, push it towards the side you cut out and place the clamp. It's not gonna go anywhere. The spindle on my TT is so thick that LP's fit very, very tight, So much that I have trouble taking new albums off the platter. Just a bit extra play on one side isn't going to hurt. I've never seen a record that's more than 1 mm off-centre and they are rare (<0.1%? ) I have quite a collection and I haven't encountered 1 that bad.

I'm not saying Nakamichi didn't make great stuff. Real Japanese top engineering from the 80-ies. And I don't know if I should say this straigtforward or cynical. Or that I should mention: from the same ppl that brought you the Fukushima nucleair reactors... Hold your breath in november.

Looking for pictures I found an Ebay auction that went for $3000 for a defective unit.
"Here is the problem with this Dragon, it's out of control, spins super super fast. The rest of the functions seem to be working. The small arm works, all display lights work etc... This unit looks to complicated to fix and therefore should be taken care by a certified technician who understand the mechanism of this Dragon turntable.

SOLD AS IS!!!"

That is why I find KISS the most sensible approach in engineering and I try to adhere to the minimal approach. Not everything needs to be perfect to be enjoyable if near perfection can last a lifetime.

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #2,440 of 5,383
Thanks for the clarification and the sharp knife suggestion.  Reads like it would work just fine.

Remember, the enemy of near perfection is perfection.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #2,441 of 5,383

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #2,442 of 5,383

Autumn Leaves 

Look what the cat just dragged in ...

Remember my post(s) regarding the safest method(s) to ship vinyl ?

The CUBE . Weight 30.0 kg. Containing approximately precisely 77 LPs.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #2,443 of 5,383
What a weekend!
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #2,444 of 5,383
  What a weekend!
beerchug.gif

Listening to this one "From The Cube" at the moment:

Conducted by my favourite conductor, Herbert Kegel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Kegel I will post more about this dark horse among men with baton.

Otherwise, very little of 
beerchug.gif
 this weekend. Tomorrow I will be recording a female choir in a totally unknown church; we will be positioning mikes more than anything else, to squeeze max out of the acoustics available there. So that we can concentrate on real recording in next few sessions.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #2,445 of 5,383

Listening to this one "From The Cube" at the moment:

Conducted by my favourite conductor, Herbert Kegel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Kegel I will post more about this dark horse among men with baton.

Otherwise, very little of 
beerchug.gif
 this weekend. Tomorrow I will be recording a female choir in a totally unknown church; we will be positioning mikes more than anything else, to squeeze max out of the acoustics available there. So that we can concentrate on real recording in next few sessions.

Sweet Lord I love DMM classical! 

Oh, and I quite like the surplus-earpad packing peanuts 
biggrin.gif

NK 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back