Portland Oregon meet date poll
Mar 18, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #61 of 86
Wow
biggrin.gif
sorry I havent checked the thread in a week (finals and figured i'd wait til everyone saw it). uh...I am not sure when I am heading up: as early as possible? Wanted a positive count as to how many people were interested in a ride before I arranged it cause I might drop a line to my music collecting, non-audiophile friend if the numbers / necessary space was right. Salem is about two miles out of my way off of I-5: no problem there. Shoot me a private with the location you want to be picked up from if you want a ride so we can get this started
biggrin.gif

Added: looks like I may get my faboys just in time to burn them in for the meet (that is a semi-interesting story in itself). I won't have any nice, worn-in pads or anything, but i may still get them in time.

Mar 19, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #62 of 86
Hey, Gigabomber, how many seats do you have open? I'm in Salem, if you can swing by. Ask me for a PM and I can give you the details if you've got a spot open.

I really wish I had all my equipment to bring; my amp is in the shop and I need to order some of those Koss plugs for the mod in the project addendum at headwize. I'm gonna try making some of those poor man's ety's(check my thread on the matter), but I don't think I'll be done before the start of April, right around my birthday.

Mar 22, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #67 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckee
Is there a cost associated with this, or with checking canal phones out?

Of course, the cost of wanting to buy new headphones
580smile.gif

Mar 23, 2005 at 8:39 AM Post #68 of 86
I was thinking of bringing some Q-tips for trying out anyones' Ety's/Shure's, gotta keep those canalphones clean, ya know. Trying them out might keep me satisfied before I begin working on my "poor man's ety's" and see if they are satisfactory.

Mar 23, 2005 at 9:41 AM Post #70 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
^
I was actually going to bring some Q-tips as well.

Good deal, man. If no one did, all the Shures and Etys would be unlistenable after about 5 minutes!
tongue.gif

(...but the Q-tips I'm bringing have constant Q and and are ultra high purity, long thread cotton with a 3 core fabric conductor and a nonresonant tube sleeve.)
~I can't stop laughing at that one! That's my HeadFi humor for ya.

Wave your hands in the air,
rs1smile.gif
like you just don't care,
Abe

Mar 23, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #71 of 86
I bought a bag of 7 pairs of foam tips for etys, to minimize tip sharing. I'll also donate what I have in unused um2 tips in the size I don't prefer as soon as I make that decision.

Mar 24, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #72 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
I bought a bag of 7 pairs of foam tips for etys, to minimize tip sharing. I'll also donate what I have in unused um2 tips in the size I don't prefer as soon as I make that decision.

Cool man!

You're giving them away? If so(or maybe for a $ or two), can I get some for my Poor Man's Ety's canalphones project? I've already got the test cans for the project on order, and some ER4 series white rubber tips for isolating plugs. Hopefully I'll make some decent canalphones with the combo I have planned...

Mar 24, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #74 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Cool man!

You're giving them away? If so(or maybe for a $ or two), can I get some for my Poor Man's Ety's canalphones project? I've already got the test cans for the project on order, and some ER4 series white rubber tips for isolating plugs. Hopefully I'll make some decent canalphones with the combo I have planned...

Unfortunately the ones we don't use for the meet are spoken for. However if you are looking for a pair or two I would post a wanted to buy ad for them, tons of people who use the triflange tips have foamies just laying around and would probably unload them cheap, they could be mailed in an envelope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back