Portland Oregon meet date poll
Mar 15, 2005 at 8:30 AM Post #47 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
I am coming from Eugene and should be able to grab a couple of you guys on the way to Portland. Don't know how much room I will have left for equipment in my good old beater of a car though.
I think that makes two in salem?

You're dropping through Salem on the way to the meet?

Mar 15, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #48 of 86
What time are you planning to get up here, Gigabomber? I can plan on having the space opened up when you get up here, if you want.

Mar 17, 2005 at 3:59 PM Post #49 of 86
For the out of town attendee's (only out of towner's please), I have a nice offer from a local audio store. That saturday, we can get into the store before opening time to listen to a pair of the John Bowers Signature, B&W Nautilus speakers. This is a pair of the top of the line B&W speakers (look like giant seashells). The only requiment is you will need to get up to Portland around 10:00 AM so we can meet the shops owner about 10:30. This is a rare chance to hear one of the best speaker systems in the world.

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/...del%20Nautilus

Mar 17, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #51 of 86
Why only out of towners? If it is Chelsea Audio, it's only like 15 minutes from me and I would totally love to listen to these things without the usual background noise.

Mar 18, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #52 of 86
I'm guessing because we can go anytime and the owner wanted a limited number of people. I've never been to Chelsea but they are the only B&W dealer listed in Portland. I'm really trying to not buy speakers until I get out of college so maybe its best if I stay away from the hi-fi stores anyway (not that those B&Ws are now or will ever be in my price range).

Mar 18, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #53 of 86
I went to Chelsea a few months ago to test out some B&Ws, ended up buying Ascend instead (btw, when the salesman tells you the 602/2.5/3's sound basically the same, just smack'em
wink.gif
).

I'm certainly in no danger of spending money there at the moment, or ever, ever buying the Nautilus.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, if it is Chelsea and you wouldn't terribly mind me dropping by, and perhaps if I could get a ride from there to the meet (I'd take the max there), let me know, otherwise, I'll just look forward to seeing y'all at the meet!

Mar 18, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #55 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
I went to Chelsea a few months ago to test out some B&Ws, ended up buying Ascend instead (btw, when the salesman tells you the 602/2.5/3's sound basically the same, just smack'em
wink.gif
).

I'm certainly in no danger of spending money there at the moment, or ever, ever buying the Nautilus.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, if it is Chelsea and you wouldn't terribly mind me dropping by, and perhaps if I could get a ride from there to the meet (I'd take the max there), let me know, otherwise, I'll just look forward to seeing y'all at the meet!

For future reference, which max stop is Chelsea at?

Mar 18, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #56 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
So, I designed a couple amps that I'm excited for you guys to hear! I'm offering pre-orders through my site www.z-audio.com, but I'll bring the prototypes to the meet....I can't wait to see what you all think!

Aww man, I just spend 30 hours on a mathematical statistics take home final last weekend, the last thing I need to hear is epsilon, mu, lambda.

Just kidding, can't wait.

Mar 18, 2005 at 8:57 AM Post #57 of 86
I'm not really interested in listening to speakers that are way above my budget. I don't need that kind of temptation
tongue.gif
. Besides, my power supply died today so I had to order a new one. I broke the bank on a PC Power and Cooling so no headphone related items for me for a little while.

Mar 18, 2005 at 12:02 PM Post #58 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
For future reference, which max stop is Chelsea at?

You can get off at either Beaverton TC or the Round (Beaverton obviously if you're on a red line), and it's a short walk to Chelsea. It's right next to the Wendy's on Hall, along with Old Country/Hometown Buffet, and a Washington Mutual financial building.

Mar 18, 2005 at 3:51 PM Post #59 of 86
Yup, they don't want to get swamped with local people who can stop by during regular hours. The speakers are at Echo Audio, along with alot of other very cool gear. I highly recommend these guys to anyone. They primarily buy and sell used high end gear, but do carry some new stuff too.

http://www.echohifi.com/

Mar 18, 2005 at 4:05 PM Post #60 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgie
Yup, they don't want to get swamped with local people who can stop by during regular hours. The speakers are at Echo Audio, along with alot of other very cool gear. I highly recommend these guys to anyone. They primarily buy and sell used high end gear, but do carry some new stuff too.

http://www.echohifi.com/

Interesting, never knew that was there, good to know - I was like a block from there last weekend.

I guess I'd just never go to a store to audition such a thing on my own. Seems wrong to put the store through that work for something I could never afford or justify.
biggrin.gif

BTW, for anyone who is interested in auditioning them later, if this place sells theirs or isn't convenient, Chelsea did have the top-end Nautilus on their floor last I was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back