Portland Oregon meet date poll
Mar 25, 2005 at 10:06 AM Post #76 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
Unfortunately the ones we don't use for the meet are spoken for. However if you are looking for a pair or two I would post a wanted to buy ad for them, tons of people who use the triflange tips have foamies just laying around and would probably unload them cheap, they could be mailed in an envelope.

That's cool... Thanks though, I'll keep that in mind. Just PM me when you make your F/S thread and I'm on it.
I got my order today (the 24th), and now I have 5 pairs of triflange white rubber ER4 tips courtesy of TTVJ, which now I consider the man's company to work at my favorite speed: HFTS: "Holy S**t That's fast". Thumbs up to that!
I'm also going to get the kind of earplugs as suggested in the Headwize project on Koss Plugs, and make more custom tips. Beyond that, I'll opt for Sensaphonics' custom ER4 sleeves and use those too. I want to make the best versatile cheap canalphones ever, and I think it'd be good to try more custom tips too. If I could get some help, I might even be able to get some Cardas or other cable (AudiQuest?) custom made for it if anyone can do the solder job for a fee. Of couse, I'd like detachable cable too.
etysmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgie
This is gonna be great. I can't wait to hear Seeburg's audiophile Q-tips. -
biggrin.gif
-

Ha ha ha(laughin' at the following) "Just wait until you see HeadFi's own Audiophile grade Toilet Paper RS Reference Series, with vaporized gold on mylar cotton combo with nonresonant aluminum anodized and carbon fiber rimmed cardboard roller tube and sophisticated rip/on capability and durable reuseability!"
biggrin.gif

Hope that bings a laugh. It did for me
tongue.gif

Abe

Mar 26, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #79 of 86
Yup, bringin' my personal one. I don't have any more, or the tools to mod here with me (I'm on spring break in Troutdale), but if anybody wants a stock 0404 or 1212m, I can get them cheap at the clackamas guitar center...$85 for the 0404 and $165 for the 1212m.

Mar 26, 2005 at 8:03 AM Post #81 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
Anybody else reading this entire thread the night before the meet too?

I am- obviously I need to get some sleep, huh
tongue.gif

Mar 26, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #83 of 86
Well, scratch me coming, this is sort of funny, this is the first time like 5 years I've had an ear infection, and it happens to start two days before this! Well, I don't have any great gear anyway, but it would have been nice to hear stuff...hope everyone else has a good time, looking forward to pictures.

Mar 27, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #85 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
Mine as well break everyones' heart now and say that we all forgot to bring cameras. Next time folks...hopefully soon(thread should be starting up any time now; gunna get some sleep myself). cheers
orphsmile.gif

It is a shame that nobody had a camera, what with the orpheus, the two qualias and all those strippers.

Mar 27, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #86 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
It is a shame that nobody had a camera, what with the orpheus, the two qualias and all those strippers.

Don't forget the free money and monkey knife fights. Man, my vote was for Furious George all the way!
tongue.gif

I'm starting a thread: "3/26 Oregon Meet Impressions", so search the threads or I'll link it it a minute. Hope everyone made their trips back safely.
Late,
Abe

Edit: Scratch that- James Bean got a thread started- I'll be there in a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back