Portland Metro area meets? CONFIRMED!!!! for Saturday March 2 at Echo Audio!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #46 of 89
You guys down there use to have some pretty large meets. Where did every one go? Also never hurts to have a room to big. It just allows the noise to dissipate more allowing better listening conditions.

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #47 of 89
Hi All -- I noticed this thread and talked with Echo Audio's owner, Kurt.  He'd be happy to host a meet up at the store.  Echo has recently moved to a larger space, so there's a good amount of room and they also have a lot of different headphones available for listening.

It would be great to hear from folks here (re) about level of interest -- and what Head-Fiers would most like to experience if we can get an event together.

For a date -- how about afternoon/evening Saturday March 2 after the store closes?

Just FYI:  I work with Echo Audio on some marketing projects, so I just want to make sure I'm transparent about my affiliation with them.

Thanks for your thoughts and best regards,
Rob

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #48 of 89
Coolieo, now hopefully I can get the time off work. Should we start putting a gear list; what people can bring and if they can bring anything at all?

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #49 of 89
Thanks for the response, WhiteCrow.  Will be wonderful if we can get a good sized group together.

(re) list of gear:   If helpful, I can take a photo of Echo's "headphone wall" and post it here so folks can see what the store already has available onsite to hear. I know Echo has several Sennheisers including the 650, 700 and 800 as well as the AKG 701s and many Grados. I like your idea of getting some other equipment there too if folks are willing to bring it! 

To get a sense of the space we have to work with, there are some good photos on their echoaudio Facebook page ("New Store Celebration" photo album) If needed, we could add a few tables in the center of the store to make more room for equipment (?)

Let me know what y'all think!  Cheers

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #50 of 89
If the dates finalized Ill ask for it off and head over from Boise.  Iv been wanting to pickup a Expedit shelving unit at ikea.
Ill just bring the stuff I have in my signature and maybe 1 or 2 turntables if there is enough room.

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #52 of 89
 Yes, indeed! We are on -- Saturday March 2 from 2-6pm.  If the group wants to extend the time a bit please let me know.   Thanks all for helping spread the word.

I'm thinking this will be a pretty informal meet up -- a chance for everyone to come, talk, listen and enjoy.  But if there are specific things the group wants to see there please let me know. The store holds 60-75 people comfortably.  I'm sure we can squeeze more in if needed

I'll make sure we have some of the longer-sized tables set up with power strips.  I'll also take care of some snacks and drinks so nobody gets dehydrated! 

Attached is a photo of Echo's "headphone wall" so you can see what they have available onsite to listen to. Other headphone additions appreciated.  I'll work with Echo to have some stationary headphone amps there, but they do not have many portable amps so it would be really helpful if some people are willing to bring/share their favorites. I know many folks have their own sources to plug-in too

For folks bringing equipment -- thank you so much -- and please feel free to come at noon so we can get everything set up before the 2pm start. I look forward to meeting you.  Please feel free to weigh in with other thoughts, suggestions, etc.  Cheers

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #53 of 89
Shall I start a gear list or something? Consider it done

---------------------Gear List------------------------

Cans:
--R-Audiohead--
1. CharterOak SP-1
2. MB Quart QP805 (300 ohm version)
3. Sennheiser HD448
--Snowgoose--
4. Sennheiser HD600
--Dogwon--
5. Koss ESP-9 (rebuilt)
6. Yamaha YH-2
7. Modded T50RP
--anoxy--
8. Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs
--Arecibo--
9. Grado SR60 (modded)
10. Brainwavz HM5
--sbradley02--
11. Thunderpants
--WhiteCrow--
12. Beyerdynamic DT1350
13. Grado RS-2
14. HiFiMan HE-500

DACs/Amps:
--R-Audiohead--
1. Bryston BHA-1
2. Yulong D100 MkI
--Dogwon--
3. Matrix M-Stage
4. ASL MG-head OTL
5.Cambridge DacMagic
--anoxy--
6. Audio-GD NFB 12
--sbradley02--
7. JoLida FX Glass tube DAC
8. Colorfly DAP
--WhiteCrow
9. Schiit Bifrost
10.Schiit Lyr

**The above is personal gear and excludes Echo Audio's "Wall of Awesome"**

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #56 of 89
Crap. That's the weekend before mid-terms. Oh well, I guess I need to prioritize!

I'd love to bring my re-built Koss ESP 9's. But, that would mean bringing an amp with speaker taps. And if I was going to do that I would want to bring a turntable. Gaawwd!

Seriously though, I could bring my modded Fostex T50's and a vintage pair of YH-2's to have some Ortho flavor.

On the amp side I could bring an M-stage and a ASL MG-head OTL.

Sources would be a Macbook Pro feeding a Cambridge DacMagic.

That should all fit in a milk crate.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #57 of 89
I don't have much to share, but I'm down to come test out gear.

I can bring my Audio-GD NFB 12 if anyone wants.
And I have some Mad Dogs
And two pairs of custom IEMs (see sig), which probably won't do anyone much good, but I could bring them anyway
And a Headstage Arrow 3G portable amp.

Honestly, the date is so far out, I might (probably) have new gear by then as well.

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #58 of 89
Quote:
 Yes, indeed! We are on -- Saturday March 2 from 2-6pm.  If the group wants to extend the time a bit please let me know.   Thanks all for helping spread the word.\

I'd recommend trying to get a little more time if you can - I can say from experience that it's really hard to get much in with a time window that short, between setup, teardown, and just general chatting. Of course, regardless something is better than nothing, and it's good to see a meet going again. 

Quote:
For folks bringing equipment -- thank you so much -- and please feel free to come at noon so we can get everything set up before the 2pm start.

That will help though!

Quote:
I'd love to bring my re-built Koss ESP 9's. But, that would mean bringing an amp with speaker taps. And if I was going to do that I would want to bring a turntable. Gaawwd!

dooo eeet 
wink.gif

Anyway, that's a good time and location for me, and certainly I'll bring... something. 
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back