Portland Metro area meets? CONFIRMED!!!! for Saturday March 2 at Echo Audio!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #33 of 89
I wish I dropped out when I had the chance. I'm too close to graduating and so deep in debt that there's no turning back now. 
I used to live near 21st and Irving. Love that area.

Anyway, hopefully some others chime in or see this thread if we keep bumping it :]

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #35 of 89
Quote:
I wish I dropped out when I had the chance. I'm too close to graduating and so deep in debt that there's no turning back now. 
I used to live near 21st and Irving. Love that area.

Anyway, hopefully some others chime in or see this thread if we keep bumping it :]

I live in the same neighborhood. Sounds like we have a lot in common, it would be really fun to meet up.

Has there ever been a PDX meetup before?

-sheldon

Jan 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #37 of 89
Last one AFAIK was the one Sachu put together a couple of years ago.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541934/portland-stumptown-impressions-27th-feb-2011
Basically you need to find someone who has a space available to use.
The rest is pretty simple.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #38 of 89
I'm going to have to go check out 32 Ohm Audio now :)

I picked up my Sennhieser IE60's last week from Echo Audio. They have a wide selection of over ear stuff, and a few IEMs. But, I think most of their business comes from home audio stuff. They have enough space for a small meetup, and I bet they'd like to have people like us come into their shop. I'll ask them about it this weekend. 

Is anybody still in contact with 32 Ohm, or maybe other ideas? I'd really like to get together.

-sheldon

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #40 of 89
I personally don't have any gear to share other than two pair of IEMs . . . However, I am willing to contact Echo Audio and see if they'd be down to host us. They have lots of over-ear stuff and amps to try, if you've never been there before. 

The other option is32 Ohm Audio. They might be willing to host us, too.

Any thoughts? Any other ideas? Would a Saturday afternoon be OK?

-sheldon

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #41 of 89
I went to the last meet that 32ohm hosted. It was great, It was at their new space which does not have a large retail space anymore. At that meet I noticed they had to move a lot of shop manufacturing equipment out of the way. That could be why they're not jumping in and offering this time around.

Echo audio would be great. I don't recall seeing a lot of tables there though. If we had access to some folding tables it might sweeten the deal. One downside to Echo is the parking situation downtown. Load in and out with a bunch of gear would be a pain.

What we need is a HeadFi'er that is a member of an organization like the FOE, or the Elks with access to a meeting hall. The city has several Community Centers that could work, but we would have to rent the space.

Or how about someone that lives in a condo or apartment complex with a clubhouse?

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #42 of 89
You might want to look at your local librarys. They often have a free of charge meeting room that you can sign up for in advance. It usually has chairs and tables in the rooms making it also easy setup.

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #43 of 89
My local library, Hillsdale Library has a large meeting room that fits 46 people. But do we really have enough people and gear to meet like that? It seems like it would make more sense to meet at an audio store so we have more equipment to try out. idk though.

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #44 of 89
Subscribing to this thread.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open about large locations.  I think we likely have enough Portland Head-fiers to make something happen

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #45 of 89
Quote:
My local library, Hillsdale Library has a large meeting room that fits 46 people. But do we really have enough people and gear to meet like that? It seems like it would make more sense to meet at an audio store so we have more equipment to try out. idk though.

Hey, that's my local library too. Didn't know they had a large room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back