Portaphile Thread
Jul 22, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #333 of 425
While the micro and 627 should technically sound the same, the latter to me is the better amp: 

1) Uses a battery regulators which stop automatically when the battery is full and resumes when it's discharged. (my micro kept charging after battery was full and would overheat and shut down when connected for a long time)
2) No more static noises when charging from the supplied wall charger
3) Higher volume at the same given volume
4) Can also be charged from a portable battery charger. I'm using the energizer XP1800 with the provided 2.5 mm adapter to usb cable and works perfectly though a bit tight.  
5) Much be quality supplied wall charger   

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #335 of 425
Any normal 672 owners find that the entire circuit board can be easily moved about inside the case.  
If I wiggle the volume pot side to side, I can feel the entire circuit board shifting places that causes the input/output jack and power port to constantly shift place. Is this normal or is only my circuit board not secured properly.within the case.
I tired to remove the front faceplate to access the internals but stripped one of the screw heads. 

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #336 of 425
Cesar is currently running a sale for those interested. The 627 micro and X are both 50 off. Making the price 449 and 549 respectively. Act fast to pick up one of these fabulous amplifiers from one of the best (& IMHO The Best) in the business before the sale is over.

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #337 of 425
A few questions here.

Would plugging this to my HDP-R10 lineout be beneficial in terms of audible SQ? from what I know, the internal amp in the R10 itself is pretty good

Is the 627x a worthy upgrade not just in terms of SQ, but for sheer price-to-performance ratio? The Pico Slim is the best portable amp that I've had so far, and I'd consider it pretty good value, so I'd be interested in how the 627 measures up.

Am thinking of saving up for either the Micro or X in the near future, so any input is appreciated!

Sep 3, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #338 of 425
A few questions here.

Would plugging this to my HDP-R10 lineout be beneficial in terms of audible SQ? from what I know, the internal amp in the R10 itself is pretty good

Is the 627x a worthy upgrade not just in terms of SQ, but for sheer price-to-performance ratio? The Pico Slim is the best portable amp that I've had so far, and I'd consider it pretty good value, so I'd be interested in how the 627 measures up.

Am thinking of saving up for either the Micro or X in the near future, so any input is appreciated!

I have tried plugging the 627 to dx100 at a local store, I think the differences are really noticeable.
I don't like the pico slim much personally.

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #339 of 425
In my experience, pairing the 627x with the DX100 give a wider,deeper sound stage, more body over all and smooth the sound. It was a real upgrade for the dx100. For the buck i prefere pairing a dx50 or dx90 with the 627x.
It's sure the 627/627x is one of the best portable amp.

Sep 11, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #340 of 425
I absolutely adore the sound of the 627X. Still I consider to sell it as I absolutely hate the thump that hits my ears when switched on or off or when the battery runs out of juice. (That is, with my low impedance and highly sensitive IEMs. Drop me a PM if interested).

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #342 of 425
It's actually not that loud when I use it with my ADH EH-008. Weird as I'd expected it to sound louder.

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #344 of 425
Does the micro have screw terminals and could I use it while being charged at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back