Portable Rig around the iPhone? Possible?
Aug 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

reiserFS

Headphoneus Supremus
I'll be more on the go in the future and I'm considering a portable rig now. Right now, my source is the iPhone 3G - would this even be a good choice for a portable rig? Modable? Or should I just save money and get a proper player?

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 6
No, you don't need anything other than the iPhone and a pair of IEMs. I need to get a better pair, but I run IEMs right from the iPhone and enjoy it. I also tried the JH13 from my iPhone at CanJam and was very happy with the sound. Sooner or later, I'll pick up the JH13 and run them straight from the iPhone or iPod - I think that would make a nice, very transportable system with great sound.

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
No, you don't need anything other than the iPhone and a pair of IEMs. I need to get a better pair, but I run IEMs right from the iPhone and enjoy it. I also tried the JH13 from my iPhone at CanJam and was very happy with the sound. Sooner or later, I'll pick up the JH13 and run them straight from the iPhone or iPod - I think that would make a nice, very transportable system with great sound.

Awesome, much appreciating your comment on this. Time to go and buy a nice pair of IEMs.

Aug 9, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 6
The iPhone 3G is actually one Apple's best sounding products. There are plenty of people that use the iPhone 3G as their DAP. If you want to add an amp to the mix, you can get a LOD.

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:

Agreed. I plug my Turbine Pro Golds w/ControlTalk right into the headphone out of my iPhone 4 and couldn't be happier. It doesn't get a whole lot better when using my RSA Predator. At least not enough to warrant losing the ControlTalk functionality on the Golds. If I want to get serious with my portable setup I can use the Predator and plug in my HD650's and really be pleased. Although, I am very wary about leaving my house with over $1000 worth of audio equipment holstered to my hip. But, it's good for dilly dallying around the house and at the office. I certainly wouldn't go parading around the mall or anything with it. That's what the Golds are for.
 Oh and BTW, I highly recommend the Predator for use with the iPhone. No interference!! I can actually receive a phone call without any deafening interference. I used an iBasso T3D for a week or so and it would make me deaf whenever my phone received a call or text or sometimes it would just do it for no reason. None of that with the Predator. Maybe it's the metal enclosure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back