Portable on ear headphones that are comfy and arent Beats! AKG K450/Q460 (with in line mic!)
May 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

danny93

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all, 

Im looking to get a pair of headphones for my Dad who came to me saying he was looking to get some Beats by Dr. Dre Solos

So after some research I thought I had settled on the ATH-WS55i but unfortunatly these seem to have comfort issues (my Dad said comfort > SQ > looks) since some more research I have set my sights on: 

AKG K450/AKG Q460 (same SQ apparently...but look nicer and have an in line mic!)
[size=1.8em] What HiFi´s best buy < £100 http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/Headphones[/size]

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with these and some of its competitors, or if theres anything else that you think would be fitting that has an in line mic!

Or should I advise him so save up for something more premiere league like some Beyer DT1350 or Sennheiser HD35-1 II​
 ​
Thank allot guys! ​

May 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 6
I think I will advise my Dad to save up and go for the V-Moda M80´s they look perfect! 

Thanks for your help though!

May 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 6
Some more suggestions... 

Bowers & Wilkins P3 (same price range as the V-Modas) are extremely lightweight, and comfy for headphones. 
The Phillips Downtowns are among the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn.  It's like putting two pillows on your ears while those pillows produce superb sound.

I will may be getting a pair of M80s eventually as well (so maybe a comparison may come in due time).  No promises though.

May 31, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Well my Dad now seems set on Bose OE2i after I managed to put him off the Beats...

I tried to tell him before even reading any reviews that Bose are renowned for overpriced headphones that sound mediocre but he heard them in a shop and says he loves the comfort and compactness, I have turned him to this thread however to try an change his mind but it doesnt look good guys 
frown.gif
 http://www.head-fi.org/t/583539/bose-ae2-or-oe2-headphones

He got an offer of a £20 discount and so he think this is the best deal ever for £120 but I still think an extra £35 for the V-Moda M80 will be worth it...no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back