Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc...
Sep 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TopCaliber

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I bought my first pair of headphones that don't suck (denon d2000) and I gotta say they are lovely I can easily wear them for 12 hours straight without any discomfort and they sound GREAT.

Now I'm spending alot of time on campus at my school so I decided it's time to upgrade from my in ear stuff to a pair of portable headphones.

What I'm looking for is a stylish and sturdy headphone that I can use without ever having to worry about it falling apart. Of course the sound quality would have to be amazing aswell :D

I've looked at senn hd 25 but I was turned off by the fact that it was plastic... However the price was acceptable.. 
I also saw the DT 1350 and the T50...

They were made out of metal which is great but they also cost alot :S... On top of that I had no idea what the difference between the two was.. So I just gave up.. Can anybody clarify?

Also.. Is it a terrible idea to have overear headphones to use on the go? What are the downsides to these besides just weight and portability?

Thanks guys. :) 

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 10
V-Moda M80, it's pretty, sturdy, won't fall apart, and from what I hear it sounds pretty good too.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
V-Moda M80, it's pretty, sturdy, won't fall apart, and from what I hear it sounds pretty good too.

I just looked at this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/627587/sennheiser-momentum-review

From what I read it isn't bad. It even has a strong carrying case (awesome). And it is over the ear (which I wouldn't mind if i can wear it in public.) 

I'm kinda hesitent on the v-moda..
I'm not sure If I'm alright with the way it looks or not yet. It does look pretty sturdy though. If I could get away with getting an over the ear headphone compared to an on-ear I'd do it in an instant. But the only reference I've had so far is a D2000, and those should never ever be worn anywhere but at home lol.

I think the momentum is like 150 more than the M80... Do you guys think it is worth the extra cash? Or it is too early to tell? And how does a V80 compare to a 1350 or T50? 

The above review seems to say its good for what I'm looking for.. Any ideas? 

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 10
I've never tried the Momentum so I can't speak from personal experience. But if Jude says it's good than it's good.
It looks like a great headphone and it's on my short list of headphones to buy.

Sep 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
I've never tried the Momentum so I can't speak from personal experience. But if Jude says it's good than it's good.
It looks like a great headphone and it's on my short list of headphones to buy.

But it does cost 350$

Darn.

Does anybody know the difference between the T50 and the 1350 btw? 

Sep 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 10
T50-P gets a hard time here,

I hated them at first, then after 100 hours and pad squashing, bingo
They are f$c%$ng amazing,

There are times when swearing is appropiate and the change in sound
during burn in, from dreadful to almost perfect, justifies it.

I haven't heard the others, but the DT1350 is almost worshipped here.
I don't want to hear them or I might have to buy them!

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
I was about to buy the 1350s.

Is there really any reason to consider the M-100s vs the 1350?

I have the M80's and they are extraordinary headphones for the price. There is a distinct possibility that the M100's will be even better. You would certainly want to consider the M100's as an option in my opinion.

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #10 of 10
Absolutely agreed^^ wait for the M-100. The M-80 is a great headphone and the M-100 will be even better. It's supposed to have a big soundstage as well which is something the little Beyer lacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back