Portable Headphones for the ALO Pan Am
Nov 3, 2012 at 6:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

terenthia

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently purchased the ALO Pan Am and need a well matched portable set of open backed headphones, budget is under £150.

The Pan Am will be used largely in conjuction with my laptop via the USB connection playing WAV files. I already own AKG K702's which sound great with both the Pan Am and my Little Dot Mk3.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Terry

Nov 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi wes008 , I think something different would be nice...favourite genres currently are early 70's soul crossover, funk and i'm really getting into St Germain des pres Cafe, although I also have a wide selection of disco, philly & house so perhaps a headphone that has more bass than the 702's?

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Hi,

I recently purchased the ALO Pan Am and need a well matched portable set of open backed headphones, budget is under £150.

The Pan Am will be used largely in conjuction with my laptop via the USB connection playing WAV files. I already own AKG K702's which sound great with both the Pan Am and my Little Dot Mk3.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Terry

Hello Terry,
You've put a fair amount of money into your rig. Are you sure you want to pick up budget open backs? You might want to consider saving up for a couple months and getting something you will be happy with for years to come. Our music tastes are similar. I listen to deep house, EDM, and 70s soul/funk. The best headphones I've ever heard for warm, deep, yet clear sound are the Audeze LCD2s. They are way above your budget at the moment, but are worth checking out and perhaps waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back